The Work has just gotten sweeter!

The Work has just gotten sweeter!
Espirito Santo, Brasil

Thursday, September 4, 2014

It's all about family!!


Hola Familia!

 

How is everyone? Man, when I read about AJ Hunt, I was just in shock. I am SO grateful that he is doing better but I am sure that this is a scary time in the Hunt family. I sent Elder Hunt an email and  I will be praying for them. I will also send an email to them as well.

 

I can't believe that mom and Jenna are in HAWAII!!!! What the heck?  :)   I was just wearing my Hawaiian sandals while we were cleaning the apartment and I was thinking about Hawaii and how much I want to go. I had no idea that they were already there! Is Bri going to school there too?


Those peanut butter cookies you made for Labor Day sound good, you will have to send me the recipe for those so I can make them one day.

 

Everyone sounds like they are doing good. Sammie working, any more dates? Ronnie. I can't believe that you are in high school! What classes are you taking? Shonna, I knew you would be on the volleyball A team! Is Miss Halley your coach? and Lydia, I miss you so much!

 

I got mom's letter from her Houston trip and I did get dad's letter as well. Did you get mine? Thank you so much for writing to me, I love getting letters. I actually just go a letter from Grandma that had gone to my old apartment. Thanks GRANDMA SHAFTOE!

 

My companion and I are doing great! We have so much fun together and it makes we sad to think that we only have 2 weeks left before she goes home. We love quoting movies together, and while we are tracting, I tell her episodes from Psych that are super funny. We just laugh and laugh together, and it really helps. Especially because the work  is a lot slower here and it is hard to find Spanish people in this area. Laughing keeps me happy and positive.

 

We are teaching Alonso and he is on date. Yeah, I will tell you more about him when he is baptized :)

 

We had a wedding this week! Our investigators had been waiting for 26 years to be married and they have 6 kids. With the help of the branch, we decorated the gym and had lots of food and a cake. They brought 40 family members and I can testify that the "fishes and the loaves" work because somehow, we were able to feed them all and all the ward members who helped. We went by later after the wedding and saw two big garbage bags full of beer and cups....I guess they needed the beer to have fun :( That made me sad to see, how this world can't have fun without drinking. We are still trying to find them since the wedding. But after this whole experience, I know what it feels like to plan a wedding and how STRESSFUL it is. You can be assured that my wedding will be as simple as possible :) Sorry I don't have any pictures, my camera died :(

 

I am trying to think about what happened this week. We totally forgot it was Labor Day until Sunday night. it is super weird how you forget a lot of things on the mission. We had hot dogs and potato salad for dinner. we ate with our land lady and man, I miss american food. Eating the potato salad reminded me of Grandma.

  

FYI: Transfers this month will be on Sept. 16 so that means that our P-Day in on September 15, which is a monday. So, I will be emailing on the 15th!

 

HAPPY EARLY BIRTHDAY DAD!!! Look for a letter and your gift will be coming soon, I don't have it yet.

 

I love you all and am so grateful for you. I love my family!!! I know that this gospel is true, and that Jesus Christ is our Savior. He is the key to returning home to live with God. 

 

I love the temple, please go for me! I miss it so much :)

 

Have a great week and I will talk to you all next week!!!

SLY!

Hermana Warren

No comments:

Post a Comment