The Work has just gotten sweeter!

The Work has just gotten sweeter!
Espirito Santo, Brasil

Monday, September 15, 2014

Best Week Ever!!

Hola Familia!!!
How great shall be your JOY!!
This week was just awesome. A lot of things happened and I have a lot of things to talk about but I don't have a lot if time so I will only talk about the most important things.....














1. We had a baptism! Alonso was baptized and it was a great baptism. I never really told you about him and his story and I want to share it but I don't have a lot of time so I will have to share it in my email next week. It was a fun experience with Sister Zufelt and to be with her for her last baptism.


We also hit our "Standard of Excellence" for our mission so that means that President and Sister Moffat will take us to Cheesecake Factory for lunch on Saturday. YUM!!

Our mission at Ensign Peak
2. We went to the "This is the Place"  State park and "Ensign Peak" on Wednesday and it was SO FUN!!! We hiked up there and I have a lot of pictures. Then we went to the state park, which is basically a re-creation of a pioneer town and it was so cool. I panned for gold (found out it was fools gold) :(, ate a native american taco (really yummy), and then we had departing testimonies for all the missionaries going home in a small pioneer chapel. It was a super fun day and it is amazing how having fun days like this can change boost your attitude and give you the emotional energy you need to keep going. 
Testimony meeting at a pioneer chapel. 

Me, Hermana Jones and Zufelt.
3. The Family of 5 I told you about last week is still on date for October 11. They are doing great and love coming to church and listening to the lessons. I love this family so much and am so excited to see how they progress

4. THANK YOU SO MUCH  for the package! It made my day and I loved all the little things from Hawaii. I got your letter, Mom. Thank you for sharing those experiences with me. I have been praying for you, Jenna, that you will enjoy your college experience and be safe and learn a lot of things. Have you gotten homesick yet? Just get through it and soon it will pass. I can't believe that I haven't seen my family for almost 9 months! You truly grow as a person and realize how MUCH you love your family.

5. I sang "El Espiritu de Dios" (The Spirit of God) in Sacrament meeting yesterday! I realized that I really like singing for people. Not because I think I sing really well...but because I feel the spirit strongest when I sing. Before I sing, I Pray that I can be an "instrument" for Heavenly Father, to touch someone's heart or to strengthen someone's testimony.

6. Ok, so I found out who my new companion is!!!!

Her name is Sister Peralta and she is from Mexico. She has been in the English assignment part of our mission but now she will me in our part "Spanish" because we are low on Spanish sisters. So I am not training, which I am relieved about...but I am the Senior companion for the first time in my LIFE and I have to help Sister Peralta adjust to the change of going from English to Spanish. They are completely different missions and the way that you do missionary work is completely different.
BUT I am super excited because I already know her and she is AWESOME and last transfer, we were already predicting that she would get changed to spanish and how fun it would be if we were companions!! Of course, changes are hard and scary and very humbling.....but I am excited at the same time.

Hermana Zufelt and me.  She goes home tomorrow!
7. Sister Zufelt is going home tomorrow. She is going to the mission office today at 2 and I will be with Sister Rodriquez and Sister Sosa at my house today. I have the only apartment with 3 beds. We will be together until tomorrow morning and then we will all transfer tomorrow. It will be like a slumber party. It is hard seeing a missionary go home....you start thinking about when you go home and you start to miss home.....BUT whenever I think about going home, it is bitter-sweet because I KNOW that I am not supposed to go home yet and I am really starting to lose myself in the work. This last transfer just FLEW by and yeah, on October 8, it is my half way mark!!!!! WHAT THE HECK!? Where did the time go? I still have a WHOLE winter to endure, which I am not looking forward to, but yeah, I will have 9 months left. I am glad that I still have a lot of time left :)

I am not sure if there is anything else to talk about......I loved the pictures! Sammie: Congrats on getting asked to homecoming. did you cut your hair?!?!?!?!? Why!??!?!?!?!?

Shonna: Kick butt in your game, you will do great! and also...HAPPY BIRTHDAY THIS WEEK! I will send a card to you :)
Ronnie: Haven't heard from you in a while! How are you?
Lydia: What's up, girl?


Jess and Jordan: Love you both and miss you! HAPPY BIRTHDAY JORDAN!!! I can't believe you ate that entire Big Jud hamburger?!?!?! I have really learned how to eat on the mission.

Mom: I love you and thank you for the package and the letter
Dad: I am glad that you got your tie! It means a lot :)


I love you all so much and miss you and hope that your week is awesome. I will talk to you all this next Tuesday! 
SLY!!!

Hermana Warren

No comments:

Post a Comment