The Work has just gotten sweeter!

The Work has just gotten sweeter!
Espirito Santo, Brasil

Wednesday, September 24, 2014

All Smiles!!

Hola Familia!!

I am just super happy right now! This week was a great week and I will explain why.

Hermana Peralta (Left)  Sister Egan and me!
1. My companion is Sister Peralta and she is just so fun. She is from Mexico and we work hard and have so much fun together. I can tell that this is going to be a great transfer. So I am so excited for that. It was hard to send Sister Zufelt home. It is kind of distracting but whenever I would start to feel homesick or get distracted, I would just try to lose myself in the work and that is the best medicine. You forget about yourself and focus on others and the days just fly. I can't believe that I am almost half way.....time really does fly! This Thursday will be a year mark since I went through the temple. CRAZY!!!

2. We got two knew sisters for Spanish assignment and one of them came from the Mexico CCM and guess what she brought with her? ALL THE LETTERS THAT YOU SENT TO MEXICO THAT I NEVER GOT!!!! I was so happy when I got those :) So I actually got like 8 letters this week and it was so fun! It was kind of cool to read letters that I should have read while I was in the CCM. It was so cool to get, and I got the printed "Fathers Blessing" dad gave to me before I left on my mission as well as the debit card. I don't know what to do with that so...I will just hold on to it for now. Sammie, I got your letter and I got Lydia's and Dad's letter too. Thank you for sending me letters, they make my day. I am sorry that I suck at writing back. I will try to be better at that.

3. We have 8 people on date for baptism and it is awesome. The Velez "Golden" Family is still on date and we also have Teresa and Patricia and Maria. Maria is 17 and we FINALLY received permission from her dad to baptize her. She was so happy and I was so happy :)

4. On Sunday, we didn't have church. They actually broadcasted the rededication of the Ogden Temple to ALL the chapels in our mission....I think all of Utah but I am not sure. It was so cool and I was so HOMESICK for the temple. I think we are going to the temple next month and I am so excited! It was really cool to be at the dedication, I have never been in one before. President Erying and Elder Holland talked at our dedication meeting. There were 3 meetings because everyone can't fit in one meeting. The talks were so good, and Elder Holland talked about how even if we can't go to the temple, or if it is closed or far away, our temple covenants are never closed or far away. The important thing is that I can always have a temple recommend, even if I can't go to the temple.

5. Last night, we had a noche de hogar (Family Night) with the branch and it was awesome!!!! It is something that we want to do 2 times a month. It provides a great opportunity for members to bring friends and for us to bring our investigators. Anyway, we started at 7 but of course, no one showed up until 7:30. Members kept showing up and it was great to see so many members and recent converts. Then, at 7:50, Teresa and her member daughters and the Velez Family ALL showed up. You should have seen the members' faces when ALL of these people walked into the gym for the family night. We shared a message, played a game, and ate food. The members are so awesome, they noticed that we didn't have enough food for everyone so our old mission leader went and bought some pizza and chips and a cake and brought it and it was great. I went home SO happy that night. The night was perfect. The members are helping more, our investigators are doing great. Of course they still have their challenges but they are progressing more and more, and Sister Peralta and I are having a lot of fun together. WE talk to everyone and really enjoy the work. This area is coming alive again and I am just SO excited. 

My personal Angel..Sis. Egan
6.SISTER EGAN helped us today! She took us shopping and to lunch! I was just so happy to see her. I love her so much. I will send you a picture. I was just so happy to see her!

7. I go to bed every night happy to be a missionary. I really believe that the longer you are in the mission, the more you enjoy it....and the harder it is to go home. Of course, it depends on how much you put into the mission. If you are just here to have fun and please your family, you are counting down the days until you go home. Of course I love you all SO much and can't wait to see you all, I really love being here on my mission and meeting these wonder people and becoming so close with them and seeing them progress towards baptism. There is nothing like it.

I feel like I am changing a lot as a person. I feel like I look physically different and that I have changed so much as a person. I won't be the same person when I come home. 

​I can't believe Sammie is driving already! When is homecoming? Jenna looks like she is having fun in Hawaii.​ Lydia, thanks for the letters! Shonna, happy birthday! Did you get my letter? Ronnie, how are you?

I am excited for the Womans conference. I can remember that last one I went to and how I could imagine Mom and everyone watching it with me and it made me cry. It is so cool to see how much I have changed over the last 6 months. 

I don't know about the I-pads. Pres. Moffat is still fighting it but I think that we will get them sooner or later. They want everyone to have I-pads. 

When does Aubrey leave? I haven't heard from her at all! Only one letter at the beginning o
f my mission. I am trying to work on my Spanish. I don't have an accent but I want to come home fluent so I can talk with everyone in Spanish

Gracias por las cartas y emails. Les quiero mucho and les extrano y oro para ustedes cada noche. Que tengan una buena semana!

This gospel is true!! I love being a missionary and a representative of Jesus Christ.

SLY!!
Hermana Warren

No comments:

Post a Comment