The Work has just gotten sweeter!

The Work has just gotten sweeter!
Espirito Santo, Brasil

Monday, June 29, 2015

Surprise! New P-day

Hola familia! My pday got changed to Monday! We are now officially in the new mission. My new mission president is President Everhart. 
 
Last Tuesday, I had an exit interview with President Moffat and we went to his house and ate dinner and talked about the "life hereafter"......
 
On Wednesday we had district meeting and we were learning about family history. I signed into family search and i started to look at all of our families and the people that we still need to find! I am so excited to do family history work when I go home! I want to help my recent converts to find a name and to take it to the temple to do baptisms for the dead,
 
On Friday, I got sick :( I had a horrible cold with a sore throat and fever and I was inside all day. The temperatures have been in the hundreds and I knew that I couldn't make it on a bike. Sister alcala had to do weeping planning by herself haha while I slept. I am still not over it but I feel a lot better. 

We had a farewell fireside last night. I was crying like a baby! Because we are all splitting up in different missions and there are a lot of missionaries that I won't be able to see anymore. President and sister Moffat gave farewell testimonies and I sang "I know that my Redeemer Lives". Elder Valdez, the assistant from Guatemala, played the piano for me. He is an awesome missionary, and an awesome piano player. I will send a picture of him :)

We had a baptism this last weekend! I was so happy to end this mission with a baptism. But we got a call he this morning from the Wisharts, saying that our convert was ALREADY BAPTIZED IN  MEXICO! I just started to laugh....of course this would happen my last week in the mission! But whatever, I still count her as my baptism :) 
 
I had my last district meeting this week. I had my last mission meeting this week. I saw President Moffat for the last time. I had my last baptism. I am now having my "lasts" in the mission. Today is my last normal pday. I was crying this morning, thinking about the last day that I wear my plaque, and how hard that time will be when I have to take it off. I don't want that day to come.
 
It doesn't seem real still.......it kind of hit me last night, especially when we were singing, God be with you til we meet again. I don't know why people choose to sing that song, no one gets through it. 
 
BTw: Jess, I have some boxes for you :) sorry......I am still not sure about the bike situation. We will be meeting with the new mission president tomorrow so I will ask him about that. You can keep this boxes with the bike, for when I come back down to school. Hopefully, they will let me get in contact with you about how to get the bike.....they might even let me stay the night with you before I go home.....who knows! I will keep you posted.
 
That is pretty much it for now. I am saving all of my stories for when I come home. I hope that everyone is doing well. Email me when you can, I will have my iPad with me all day. I love you all!
See you next week!!!
 
SLY 
HERMANA WARREN

No comments:

Post a Comment