The Work has just gotten sweeter!

The Work has just gotten sweeter!
Espirito Santo, Brasil

Friday, June 12, 2015

Mojadas En Midvale

Hola Familia!
 Yep! It is still raining....... -_-
ok....ready?

I am STAYING! I am dying in Midvale WOOT WOOT! I am also training a new sister missionary so I am really excited. I will have 3 "girls" :) Sister Uelese is going to Murray, where I was born. I told her to get the Roman Family to the temple to get sealed....that way I can go with them to the temple. That is my goal.

Thanks for the updates on everyone....sounds pretty busy there! Being busy is the best! It makes time fly so fast and you feel so satisfied each day. I hate days in the mission where you feel like you did absolutely NOTHING! Some days, it is raining so no one is outside and no one lets you in...those days are hard for me. But it helps to appreciate the good days. like yesterday. 


Yesterday was a really good day. We contacted some referrals, we taught our investigators who are progressing for baptism and we had our bishop give one of our investigators a blessing. That experience was so sweet for me. Our investigator is an older man and he has had a lot of hard things happen in his life and when we knocked on his door, he just started crying about everything that has been happening and our bishop came over 15 minutes later and gave him a blessing. I know that the Priesthood has been restored to the earth and that we can receive so much peace and comfort through the Priesthood. A lot of people ask me if I am mad that I can't hold the Priesthood but I just tell them that we all receive the same blessings from the Priesthood, I don't need to hold it to receive those blessings. Some people still don't understand but they will someday.

We had our first Missionary ACTIVITY! We had a movie night and we watched Meet the Mormons in Spanish. We had 3 investigators there and some ward members. Not a lot of people came but we will do another activity and get more people there. Ward activities is what keeps a ward alive,,,,and we've seen the bad side of not holding ward activities. I miss going to ward activities were EVERYONE is there. That will be my other goal for this transfer: bring back the ward, find a family of 6 (thanks for praying for my family, we will find them)
 
I can't believe that I have now arrived to my last 6 weeks in the mission field. It makes me want to cry when I think about it. I never thought that I would get to this point. And the thing that makes it harder is that this is the last month of the Salt Lake City Central Mission and the last month for President Moffat. This is going to be a really hard transfer but I am going to make it my BEST TRANSFER EVER! I am excited to still be here in Midvale because there is so much potential and I am learning to being SUPER BOLD with people. We can be really bold with Latinos. You find some amazingly prepared people here.....people who the Lord brought so they could be taught the Gospel and help their families at home. I love serving in SPanish and I don't plan on losing it so be ready to speak in spanish all day :)

I might need a rain poncho to be sent to me. WalMart is ALL OUT! iit has been raining so much this last week....it is really annoying. Those glove-mittens I have are about to die and pretty much everything else I have but I will endure to the end. Perseverar hasta el fin!
I also want to buy a cute dress for when I come home....I will probably hit up DI for that but I don't know how much money I have.

I am doing great, feeling good, really excited for an awesome transfer. Sister Wishart said that she will let you know as soon as she knows about my release date. She is assuming that it will still be the 8th of July.....but still not sure. 

How is school stuff coming? I will ask Sister Merrill about housing, she is there right now. Just let me know if I can help with anything. Thank you so much for all of your help with this. 

I love you all! Keep sharing the Gospel! Help the Sisters. That is really weird that they came to the house and did personal and comp study....I don't know if that is a mission rule for them but don't be afraid to question anything that you think is disobedient. We had 3 missionaries go home this last week from disobedience :( 

I love you and miss you and pray for you. Only 6 more emails until I see you all ;)
SLY!

Hermana Warren


No comments:

Post a Comment