The Work has just gotten sweeter!

The Work has just gotten sweeter!
Espirito Santo, Brasil

Friday, June 12, 2015

Last Month in Midvale 6/9

Hola Familia!

I am emailing earlier today....we are having a mission p- day again! Do you remember when we did that last year? Me and sister Gonzalez wore the superman shirts. Today we will be wearing red shirts so we will buy some cool shirts today and take a picture of us and send it to you. I love the mission p day....it is the only day, other than Christmas, that we don't proselyte at all. Sometimes you need a day like that. 

This week was a great week. We had two baptisms this weekend and they went great. These are my first two baptisms here in the Midvale 9th ward. We are planning on having three more on the 20th and probably one on the 27th. I am still looking for my family of six to put on date for the 4th of July. Even thought I won't be home to celebrate that with you, the best thing to do on that day would be to baptize a family. I fasted for that and we are going to work hard this week to find them and help them. 

We hit the Standard of Excellence for the mission and that means........CHEESECAKE FACTORY! Sister alcala was pretty excited to get it her first week in the mission field. 

We are getting along pretty good. It has been a little bit harder for me this time because she is already so into the work and loves to lead....usually missionaries aren't like that when they first come out. Sometimes I forget that I am training her, because she doesn't act like it. And sometimes it gets a little frustrating because she tries to tell me how to do missionary work when she has only been out in the field for two weeks.....and I have been out for 17 months. She doesn't know that I am going home after this. She only knows that I have been out for a year or so. I am trying to help her and we get along pretty well so no worries. It has also been hard because I don't have anyone to talk to when i start to freak out about going home. I have to keep it all in and sometimes I panic at night. It is really weird. I will probably ask for a blessing from President today. But at the same time, it helps me to stop thinking about it and to focus on what I am doing right now.

My back has been hurting really bad....and my allergies have still been a problem. Satan just keeps throwing things at me! I shouldn't be surprised though....it is my last transfer. I am not sure what to do about my neck, it hasn't hurt me until now....I don't think I am doing anything different so I am not sure what is causing it. I will buy some icy hot stuff today.

Our investigator bore his testimony in church on Sunday! He shared the experience about how the bishop came over and have him a blessing for his foot and how his foot healed the next day! The whole room was silent and the spirit was so strong. I have grown so much as I have taught this man. He has a very special spirit.  We taught him last night at our stake mission leader's house and there was a young man there that is going to Mexico on his mission. That lesson was awesome and the investigator even asked us if he could be baptized sooner! I have never had an investigator ask me that before. He is so prepared and we first met him on the street and we talked to him and opened our mouths. The lord will put people in our path of he knows that we will talk to everyone. 

There are so many miracles in the mission.....I don't have time to write them all down. I am excited to share more stories with you when I come home. 

I will contact sister

harteluis today and coordinate a time when she can get my stuff. 

I think that is it for now, I will send pictures from the baptisms we had this weekend. 

I love you all and miss you! Can believe that I will see you in about 4 weeks! Yeah...four weeks from now, I will be on a plane home:) be ready for lots of hugs

Love, Hermana Warren 

No comments:

Post a Comment