The Work has just gotten sweeter!

The Work has just gotten sweeter!
Espirito Santo, Brasil

Wednesday, April 22, 2015

West Side Story

Hola Familia!
 
That will be my theme for probably the rest of my mission. Being on the west side of State street means that you have now entered into little Mexico. Watch out, my Spanish is going to get super good because I am using it with almost EVERYONE that I talk to.
 
This week has been the craziest week for me. Thanks for all the emails and support. The week went by really fast but it was very busy and kind of stressful. 
 
I am so glad that you are all having missionary experiences. Even though we might not be able to know the outcome, we can do our part to share our testimony to others. I loved your testimony, Dad. 
 
I hope Jenna and Ronnie are ok. I will keep them in my prayers. I hope that Lydia gets to go to Camp Wooten! 
 
MY new address it:
198 Center St. Apt. B
Midvale, Ut, 84047
 
We live in the basement of a 3 apartment house. It is very small but cute. It gets really cold though.....thankfully we are getting a heater today :)
 
Sister Uelese is really fun. She actually went to BYU- hawaii before her mission but left right before Jenna came in. She said that she has a lot of friends there. We have a lot of fun together and we laugh a lot about the things that happen during the day. 
 
You can be released as an STL, i saw it happen once. But I think that I will stay one until I leave. I love being an STL, sometimes it is stressful because we are supposed to have a high baptizing area as well as help our sisters baptize. But the Lord has helped me so much and I know he will keep helping me.
 
Transfers were the craziest thing EVER! Heavenly Father was definitely playing a joke on us because He decided to have it SNOW A LOT when we were trying to move houses and get settled in and bike and everything. That was the craziest snow storm I have ever seen. I don't think I will ever live in Utah because the weather would drive me nuts! 
 
It has been a hard transition with the transfer. I haven't transferred for a long time so it was very hard for me. I did ok with saying goodbye to everyone but it was still hard. When getting to my new area and seeing the people they were teaching, I had no idea who they were or what they needed or how I could help them. We didn't do so good with the key indicators last week, but we will do better this week. I am starting to get to know the area now and know the people too. Everyone here is SHADY though, there are so many people that we could teach but they aren't interested or give us a fake address or phone number. But I know that there are people here who are waiting for the gospel and I am going to find them. I guess the number 1 thing that I have learned on my mission is that God has a plan and if we are diligent and obedient, He will lead us to His children that are prepared for the Gospel. But sometimes I forget that.
 
I went on exchanges with Sister Montoya on Friday. Heavenly Father knew that I needed to be there with her because she was struggling a little bit with the transfer and our investigator that yelled at us on Monday. One of our other investigators who got baptized on Saturday also sent us a text on Friday, saying that she wasn't going to get baptized. We went over and she was so happy to see me! I had only been transferred for 2 days but I know that me being there to teach her helped her to get baptized on Saturday :) I am sure that it is hard for the investigators when the missionaries transfer as well. I cried during that lesson because it finally hit me that this wasn't my area anymore and these weren't MY investigators. It was hard but I am doing better :) 
 
I know that the Lord has GREAT plans for this area. I am so excited that I get to work with so many Hispanics and I am still looking for my family of 6! There is a reason that I am in this area and I am looking for the people that the Lord wants me to find. 
 I love you all so much and thanks for everything that you do for me. 
 
LYDIA: HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! I will have a card in the mail for you. Jenna, I have a present for you too but I am trying to figure out how to send it to you. Don't worry, it will come :)
 That is so weird that Sister Montoya saw Becca!! Man, I was going to be at Walmart at the same time but we had to clean our apartment and have apartment inspections......I will run into her soon :)
Have a great week! Let me know if there is anything that I can do. I won't send a picture of us this week......we want to look cute hahaha
 
I will send pictures of our apartment!
 
 
SLY!!! 
 
Hermana Warren

No comments:

Post a Comment