The Work has just gotten sweeter!

The Work has just gotten sweeter!
Espirito Santo, Brasil

Saturday, April 18, 2015

Feliz Dia de Pascua!‏

Hola Familia! 

How was your Easter? My Easter was super fun, we went to conference, as you know, and I attached a screen shot of conference of where I was sitting. It was really fun and I was lucky to be there for the two Spanish talks. I saw some people there, I saw President Moody, from the temple. He was actually on the same train as me as we were going down to Conference. I saw the Stanfields in the crowd, I didn't talk to them because they were too far away. 

Thanks for the emails and the pictures. I can't believe that Jenna went Skydiving!!! That is crazy! She was always the one to do crazy things haha, it looks really fun though. I will have to go someday. 

That is awesome about your Skywest job, Dad. Thanks for making the little sacrifices for our family. What will you be doing for your job?

So you had spring break last week? Everyone here has it this week. I can't believe that it is spring break already. I remember thinking in January that once I hit spring break for you guys, the next break would be summer break! And that would mean that I would be coming home!

Mom, don't worry about what I said last week about feeling sick to my stomach. It isn't a dread feeling because I don't want to come home, it is the feeling of having to surround myself with the "world" again, and having to worry about things like school and work and marriage and all that stuff. But don't worry, I don't dread seeing or being with my family :) I miss you all so much and can't wait to give you all hugs again.

We had a good week, I have been really tired lately but somehow I can make it through and suddenly we are going to bed again. we are one week 6 of the transfer, so next week, I can email you with transfer news. I just decided that I am not going to guess anymore, because the Lord has his plan and I will do whatever he tells me to do. I can't believe that I can two transfers left, two more planners! That is crazy. I think I am in a state of denial haha, I am trying to help myself accept the fact that I have about 12 weeks left in the mission and that way, I just work my butt off these next two transfers. 

Lauren Bell emailed me and told me that she is engaged! She is getting married in July, July 24th! I am happy that I will be able to see her get married, it makes up for missing Jess' wedding haha. Isn't it their anniversary soon? I can't believe that it has been a year since they got married. My favorite part about my mission is seeing change, change in myself and change in others as they accept the gospel and prepare for baptism. I have changed so much and I pray every day to have Heavenly Father change me over these next three months. Usually change comes as we do hard things so I am bracing myself for a challenging end of my mission. 

We had another wedding last week! IRene and Hernan got married and it was very simple and beautiful...and noisy! Their kids are crazy and we were trying to keep them quiet as they were performing the wedding ceremony. But it was great! At this point, we have 8 people on date for baptism. We are having a baptism this saturday! And hopefullly 6 the next weekend and then one the weekend after that. Early in the transfer, I remember that we were struggling to find people to put on date and that we were praying and praying to be guided to people who were ready. Then this last week, we looked at our white board and saw all of these names and how the Lord has blessed us! As long as we are obedient and diligent and rely on the Lord,  He guides and leads us to those who are ready. As humans, we seem to forget that he will do that and we always FREAK out when things aren't working out. I think that is why the Book of Mormon says the word "remember" so much, because we don't seem to do it :)

I really loved President Uchtdorf's talk about G
race. I have been studying grace and I love grace and the idea of it. That talk was beautiful! It also made me sad to see how sick President Monson is and how he could open or close the conference. I can't believe that he has been the prophet for 7 years, those years went by so fast.

I hope that everyone is doing well! I haven't heard from my sisters for a while! Write me letters or an email works too! Keep sharing the Gospel and serving others, you are all great examples for me :)

I love you all so much! Thank you for your prayers! I feel them helping me so much!
SLY!
Hermana Warren

No comments:

Post a Comment