The Work has just gotten sweeter!

The Work has just gotten sweeter!
Espirito Santo, Brasil

Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Getting stronger!!

I can't believe that March is over.......I only have 3 more months left and it is freaking me out! Have they told you what date I am coming home?
 Sometimes at night, I think about what it is going to be like when I go home and my heart starts to pound and I feel sick. Sometimes I have to feel for my badge during the day, just to make sure that I am still a missionary. That is going to be the hardest part of my day, taking that little piece of plastic off of my shirt. That gives me the blessing of talking to the Gospel with everyone that I see. And when others see it, they either start running away, ignore us, or wonder what on earth we are doing. It is the best!  I only want to get stronger towards the end and leave my mission better than I found it!!

Thanks for the school update. I did take an AP American Literature class, I don't know if that covers anything. Did my AP US history cover anything? I can't believe that I have 27 credits already! How did that happen?

Taken by Sis. Simm
It was really cool, seeing Sister Simm on the TRAX, I saw her and it didn't really click until she was giving me a hug! It was fun to talk to her and see someone from the ward. She was telling me about how so many people are moving!

I don't know who texted me on Friday......but it came during Call-ins with the district leader and I had to finish call-ins like everything was normal. I was in shock. There were so many emotions. I am so happy for Jenna and her decision to serve a mission. She is never going to regret it. Then I saw the date she leaves and that is when I started crying. I could feel the same feelings that I had when Jess got married: the feeling of "thats not fair" "why does she have to leave". But then, from what I have learned over the last year, I knew that GOD knew what was going on and I almost felt a "slap in the face" from the Spirit, telling me that I have no right to tell God what to do. There is a reason why Jenna needs to leave on May 13 and I have no right to complain to Heavenly Father. I almost started crying again on Sunday morning, in the car picking up our investigators. Mercy River was singing a church song and it was a 3 part harmony song and I remembered that I won't be able to sing with my "trio" for another year and a half :( That is something that I was looking forward to after my mission. But I am so excited for her, she will need to know her bible REALLY well. 

At least I will be able to skype on mother's day with everyone on the Sunday before she leaves :)

I only get emails from Jess and Jenna, no one else. HOW ARE MY SISTERS DOING?

I hope Dad gets that Skywest job!! One of my recent converts is getting married in Puerto Rico next March and I want to go :) haha

That mutual activity, hungry hippos, looked really fun. We take our investigators to mutual activities and they really like it. I have to rely on the ward members so much, to fellowship my investigators and to make sure that they are taken care of. I am glad that my parents are in the Presidencies of these organizations and I am sure that the missionaries have trust in you. Make sure you give the missionaries referrals! But only if you trust them. If they are being disobedient, don't give them any. 
General Women's meeting

Good job Mom for inviting your friend to church! Make sure you introduce me to her!

This week was a great week. We took 3 of our investigators with a baptismal date to the Womens conference and they loved it! I personally like General Conference better because of the Mormon Tabernacle Choir. We are going to the Sunday afternoon session with 3 other people on date. I am so excited!!! I am not sure how good our seats are but as long as I am in the room, I will be happy. It is so cool how quiet everyone gets when the prophet walks in. I know that we have prophets that guide us and direct us today. It makes sense! Our investigator is having a hard time understanding this concept, she grew up Catholic and is now trying to believe something that she thought was impossible. I am so blessed to be able to take my investigators to SEE a prophet before they are a member! I love serving in Salt Lake.

We had a miracle happen on Sunday night! There were some investigators that we were teaching a couple of months ago and we had to drop them because they didn't want to get married, so therefore it was impossible for us to baptize them. The woman wanted to get married and baptized but the boyfriend wasn't sure and then they got distracted with a new job that they got. They stopped coming to church, believing that they would work and get lots of money and THEN come back to church. Two weeks ago, on a sunday morning, we saw them walking outside and just waved at them from the car. After the first class (our meetings are backwards here) I saw her kid running down the hall and a member came up to us and asked us if we were teaching her and her boyfriend again. I said no but the member was very surprised. She said "Oh, I thought you were because she told me that she is going to get baptized soon!" I was in shock! When I found her, I talked to her and she said that she wants to get baptized and married and that her boyfriend does too. We were finally able to meet with them on Sunday night and they are getting married tonight and getting baptized on the 18th of April! GOD HAS HIS TIMING! we just need to be completely submissive to his will and follow the Spirit. 

I will be running hard for these next 3 months! I will probably sleep all day when I get home because I just want to wear myself for these next 3 months. We had a mission leadership council yesterday and I read a talk by Elder Holland. Google: The miracle of a mission. Have Jenna read it!  

http://www.docs-archive.com/view/8b5347e6c1330fdc17d5c6a416970cbb/The-MIracle-of-a-Mission-Holland.pdf   

I love you all so much! Look for me in General Conference on Sunday Afternoon. I will try to wear something bright haha

I bought the video "Meet the Mormons" today! Look who wesaw signing the movie!!

Cast of "Meet the Mormon's"













SLY!
Hermana Warren

No comments:

Post a Comment