The Work has just gotten sweeter!

The Work has just gotten sweeter!
Espirito Santo, Brasil

Saturday, April 18, 2015

Transfer!!

Hola Familia!

Guess what? I am heading over to the West side!!! Yep, that is right. I am being transferred!! After 8 months of being in one area, it is now time to go somewhere new. I could feel it this time. I was saying Goodbye to everyone and giving people hugs. I feel good about leaving though. Sister Montoya will take care of all of our recent converts. There are a lot of hispanics on the west side of State Street, so I am looking forward to speaking a lot in Spanish :)

My new companion is Sister Uelese. She is Samoan but lived in Alaska. She just finished training with Sister Montoya. Sister Peralta was her training (she goes home tomorrow :( )
I don't know my new address because they are moving houses. I will be going to a new house with sister Uelese. I will send you the address as soon as I can.

I am glad that everyone is doing great!
DAD: I am so happy that you got the job. I am sure you will do great and thanks for doing this for our family. It will make going places a lot easier and cheaper. 
MOM: The stake meeting sounded very fun! And that talk by Elder Nelson is awesome. I wish I could be home for FHE with all of you. I volunteer to teach a lesson when I get home :)
JESS!: Happy Anniversary! I can't believe that it has been a year! I remember that day a year ago, it was a hard day for me. But I learned so much from that experience. I can't believe you ate your cake! EEWW. But that is cool that you kept the tradition.
JENNA: How is your mission prep coming? I would love to give you a hug before you go on your mission but the mission handbook says that "visits from family members and friends are against church policy". I need to be exactly obedient and you will really understand once you go on your mission. It is easier to stay focused on the mission when you don't have distractions from your friends and family. Don't worry, I will give you the BIGGEST hug when you come home, we will both be RMs :)
VERONICA: I have met SO many people with your name :) It makes me smile whenever I hear it. I got your letter, thank you so much for writing me. I will try to write you back as soon as I can. you sound like you are growing up a lot, just from the way that you write :)
SHONNA: How are you? How is school? Are you playing any sports right now? What are you plans for the summer time?
LYDIA: How is 4th grade? Are you still playing teacher downstairs? You should go on a mission because you get to be a teacher EVERY DAY! I am always teaching people and it is really fun. I have a friend for you to meet, ok? She is just like you and wants to be a teacher too. She got baptized a couple of weeks ago. Her name is Maria :)

We had a baptism this weekend. Jason, 11, got baptized and the baptism was so nice. He was so happy. I love that entire family.

With Hermana Peralta
Norma, Aixa, and Sol are getting baptized on saturday!! I won't be able to be there unless I bring an investigator from my new area :(

So my last day in this area was probably one of the worst days of my mission so far. The worst day was November 8 and now also April 13. 

A women that we have been working with for baptism dropped us. She was supposed to get baptized on Saturday and we went by on Monday
 morning to go see her. She opened the door and he just looked different. She yelled and us, mostly me because I was the one who knocked, and she told us that she doesn't want us to come to her house anymore. She slammed the door and I was just in shock! I didn't even move. Apparently she knew that so she opened the door again and told us that she doesn't want to see us or anyone from the branch. I tried to ask her what happened but she just slammed the door. We walked away to our bikes and I just started to cry. I never cried like this before. I felt like someone ripped my heart right out of my chest. I was so confused and hurt and heart broken. I have been working with this couple for the last 5 months and they were progressing and doing so well. I wasn't crying because I was sad that I wouldn't have the baptism or anything like that.....I was crying because I love her so much and she CHOSE to yell at us and drop us. It was really hard for me,especially being my last day in this area. We found her husband outside and he explained some more things to us and that helped me. He is really struggling too and it hurt me to see that. I think Heavenly Father let me feel what he was feeling yesterday. He felt the same way as I did. He loves her as much as I do, and even more! And only He knows that she really needs and what happened.  The day got better as we found new investigators and taught my recent converts, but it was on my mind ALL day. 

It was a pretty interesting day but it turned out pretty good. Transfer calls are like waiting in line to get on a roller coaster, your heart is pounding because you don't know what is going to happen. But everything turns out fine. I am about to start packing, I have about 8 months worth of things to pack haha

Just keep me updated about school, I need to find a place to live also, I totally forgot about that until now. 

 Other than that, I am doing pretty good. I am healthy and working hard and excited to baptize my last two transfers. 

Thanks for everything that you do for me. I love you all so much and miss you all!

SLY! 
Hermana Warren

No comments:

Post a Comment