The Work has just gotten sweeter!

The Work has just gotten sweeter!
Espirito Santo, Brasil

Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Busy, Busy, Busy!!

Hola Familia!!

Thanks for the updates, I know that everything will be fine with Jenna, I will fast for her on Sunday. Maybe they will move her date for August haha :)

But sounds like Dad is pretty busy with the jobs and Mom is busy with YCL stuff. When is camp this year? 

I have been pretty busy too, every day go by so quickly. We found a lot of people to teach last week and I am learning how to be really bold with people. We meet a lot of hispanics that need a little nudge so we can get in the door. We meet a lot of single men, so we can't even go in! We have to wait until we can a member with us. We are actually teaching a lot of single guys but don't worry! I am one tough gringa and they are always surprised at how well I speak spanish. I did get asked to going dancing last week by a guy we met on the street but I handled it pretty well. I am learning so much about this culture and how you have to know how to joke but be serious at the same time. I find myself speaking like them, being sassy and blunt. hahaha it is really fun. I love speaking spanish :) I plan on using it for the rest of my life. There is a reason that the Lord wanted me to learn it.

We are teaching a few people but we are always looking for more people to teach. No one is really progressing at this point which is really hard for me. Sometimes people aren't home for their appointments and we have a hard time getting in contact with them. In my other side of Midvale, we had a hard time finding people to teach but those we found would usually progress. Here, there are SO many people to teach but most won't open the door again. The hard part is finding those who will progress towards baptism. But I know that there is a family of 6 waiting here, I can feel it!!! I just need to find them.

I realized that I haven't used a talent that Heavenly Father gave me as much as I should. We took two of our investigators on a chapel tour and finished in the Chapel and I sang "Soy un Hijo de Dios" and the spirit was very strong. My investigator said that he felt something in his heart. If I could, I would start each lesson with a hymn, to bring the Spirit. I love music so much. Singing in Spanish is probably one of my favorite things to do :) I sang "Yo se que vive mi Senor" in sacrament meeting and it went great! 

MOTHERS DAY!!!
What time do you have church? I have church from 1 to 4 and so we would have to skype in the evening. We could it at 6? It would be 5 there in Richland. Let me know!! I will send you the skype info next week. 

I got a letter from Grandma and Grandpa Warren this week! thank you for that! It was an answer to prayer because last night was a bad night and everyone was bashing with us and we lost two investigators because Mom pulled permission. That letter helped me so much! Thank you :)

I am staying busy and working hard! I am leaving my mission better than I found it!! I am so close to my mission goal for baptisms! Pray that I can find 6 more people to teach and baptize!

Thank you for your support! I love you all and can't wait to talk to you on Mother's day!
SLY!
Hermana Warren

No comments:

Post a Comment