The Work has just gotten sweeter!

The Work has just gotten sweeter!
Espirito Santo, Brasil

Tuesday, February 17, 2015

One Year in Salt Lake!

Hola Familia!

Thanks for the updates! 


Dad: The weather is a little bit chillier, but it is still sunny and warm. It snowed a little bit yesterday but just for like 5 minutes. We just kept on biking! I got the things on my bike fixed, which made me feel a little bit better. I might need to use the money you put in to buy a new backpack, mine is falling apart and one of our recent converts wants it, even though it smells funny and isn't as pretty as it used to be :)

I got a small package from a Sister Brinkerhoff? Apparently her son served in Duportail and she sent me a package! It was super sweet of her!! :)  THANK YOU!!!

Mark (Elder McDonald), that sounds cool, is going to have a lot of fun in Mexico. The Bueno bars are the best and he is going right when it is beautiful weather. 

Jenna! Go on the mission! Naki is your boyfriend? KEEP ME IN THE LOOP!!! I don't know anything about this kid! I want to see a picture.

MOM: Thank you for the package! It was super cute. The cookies were amazing! Can you send more? I am glad you liked the card, I really liked the one that said "Meh" or "Who farted?" hahahaha I laughed so hard when I saw it. 

When is girl's camp this year?  That's cool you are the YCL leader. I am glad that Pongo is losing weight, I need to do the same thing. I just get so hungry and I don't know how to shrink my stomach haha. I was thinking about the leaving the bike here until I come to school but I don't know if I can wait a month and a half after my mission to bike! I love it so much!

Speaking of school, have you been able to contact BYU this last week? Just applying the principle of "Following up" haha

This last week just flew by! It was really busy and fun. Valentine's day was a very interesting day. I woke up at 2am to Sister Montoya telling me that she threw up and felt really bad. Sister Banka then got up and threw up! The flu is now in our apartment! So that day was weird because I wasn't sick I was drinking airborne like Crazy! I would help them and cleaned some things, and since we are a Trio, I was able to leave and go out with some sisters to have contact with investigators and get Kayla to her baptism interview. I spent a lot of the day with other members and at home. But it was fun because I was able to show love to my companions by serving them.  






Friday was a special day because we took Mirna, our recent convert, to do baptisms for the dead! She was so excited and loved it and she wants to come back and get sealed in a year! I just need to get my converts to the temple! My first family get sealed in about a month! I hope the ward is getting them ready to go as a family. I have pictures of that :)

Things are going well as an STL, I sometimes feel clueless and unqualified to do it but I just try to help them as much as I can. I am giving a training in a special training meeting on Thursday. Thursday is a very special day! Do you know why?

IT IS MY BIRTHDAY!!! YAY!

Thursday, February 19th is my year mark in the mission FIELD! I never thought, my first day in the field, that I would be giving training to the missionaries in our mission as a training, Sister Training Leader one year later! I never imagined.

It is crazy how much I have changed this last year. I have learned so many things about myself and others and the Gospel and the Savior and about accountability and about planning and about EVERYTHING! I will never regret coming on a mission and I would encourage ALL of my sisters to go on one. It is like a refiners fire. It hurts sometimes and sometimes you want to quit and go home, but you have to endure the heat and soon, you will look back and see how much Heavenly Father has changed you. The Atonement is amazing!

We have 2 baptisms this weekend, Alisha wasn't able to get baptized last weekend due to work but Kayla and her will be baptized. I am so excited. I love them both so much.

Transfers are coming up in 2 weeks! I have the feeling that I am leaving this area...I have been here for almost 7 months. It is time for me to know MORE people and love MORE people. But I am not sure yet, I will find out in 2 weeks.

I love you all! I am so glad that we are sealed for eternity and that we all live the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Be exactly obedient in all things! keep reading together and praying together. 

SLY, Hermana Warren

No comments:

Post a Comment