The Work has just gotten sweeter!

The Work has just gotten sweeter!
Espirito Santo, Brasil

Monday, February 9, 2015

1 Nephi 8 Missionary Work

Hello Family!

1 Nephi 8

This is  the chapter that we read today! I LOVE this chapter. It is one of my favorites.

Thanks for the family updates, don't worry if you don't have time to write a lot. I just like to know what is going on and if everyone is ok :)

I had a good week this last week. We had a lot of things happen.

On Wednesday, I went on my first exchange as a Sister Training Leader with Sister Sosa and it was SUPER weird, I feel like she should be leading me, not me training her. She has been out in the field longer than I have and she is older than me and I just feel super young. I was able to go to her area and help her a little bit, she is in Murray and so I went back to my greenie area! I showed her a lot of new areas that she hadn't been to and it was great to be back for a day. But I love where I am at now. I am getting the feeling that this is my last transfer here in Union Fort so I want to leave this area better than I found it. 

On Thursday, we had a Zone conference and it was great! Our recent converts came, Maria and Cesar, and they talked about their experience while they were preparing to be baptized. I had to translate for them and I just wanted to cry when I was translating because the whole time, they were just saying how grateful they were for us as missionaries and for my perseverance in visiting them even when they didn't want us to come over. They are so converted to the gospel and whenever I see them, I just want to hug them and help them get to the temple, so they can be sealed for eternity. The Roman family can be sealed at the end of March! I need to make sure that they are getting ready to go to the temple. I also sang "come unto Christ", the 2014 youth theme. I just love singing, I am not amazing but I feel the Spirit the most when I am singing. I really want to take music at BYU and voice lessons, so if there is anything like that for classes, sign me up! 

Saturday was a crazy day! At 10 am, Alisha and Loren were married so that she can be baptized. She is from Puerto Rico and she had her mom and sister in town this weekend for her wedding and it was a very simple but beautiful wedding, right after she had her baptism interview. Before, she had told us that she was nervous about her family and how they would react to knowing that she was going to be baptized. I promised her that if she was baptized, she would be an example for her family and they would be baptized. She would also do temple work for her family members. 
After her interview, she told us that she told her family that she was going to be baptized and that they were ok with it! When we went back to the room where her family was, we found them talking about baptisms for the dead with some other members! She was super happy and wanted to take her mom and sister to temple square. But then later that night, she called us and told us that her dad had just died in Puerto Rico and that she was going there for the funeral. I felt peace, especially when I heard that the first reaction of her mom and sister when they heard about the death was them telling her to be baptized for her dad. It was amazing to me to see that the promise that I made her actually happened!! We have power as missionaries and sometimes we don't recognize that or don't use it. But we can make promises, as long as we follow the spirit, and the Lord ALWAYS keeps his promises. That was an amazing experience for me. She will hopefully be back on Friday and be baptized on Saturday. I know that this was part of Heavenly Father's plan for her. I could have gotten mad that we was leaving but I felt peace and I know that Heavenly Father can use her to help her family members accept the Gospel.  

Also on Saturday, we had the baptism of Angel, Mirna, and Felipe. This was the first time that I have cried at a baptism because I have worked SO long and gone through SO much with these people. Angel's date was pushed back because of members pushing his wedding and baptism off so THEY could be there. That was super frustrating for me. Mirna and Felipe were formers that we had to drop and then we picked back up. My testimony is just growing as I see that the Lord has a plan for his children and he knows when they need to be baptized. 


 Sunday was a hard day for us, we didn't have a ton of people at church and I feel like the area is going downhill again, and I don't want that to happen. We are looking for more people to teach and I just need to baptize before I leave this area. Baptizing is now my passion.

I love you all so much! If you could send me some more stamps, I would love some more. I am just amazed at how old my sisters are and how much everyone is growing. It is weird to think that I hit my 13 month mark on Sunday. That last month just flew by, I don't know where it went! We are doing another book of mormon reading challenge as a mission and it is basically a count down to the end of my mission :( it was really sad. The time just goes by so fast! I can't slow it down.

I miss you and love you and pray for you. Keep sharing the Gospel! All my sisters would be great missionaries :) I hope you all are praying about going, if that is what Heavenly Father wants you to do!

SLY!

Hermana Warren



No comments:

Post a Comment