The Work has just gotten sweeter!

The Work has just gotten sweeter!
Espirito Santo, Brasil

Thursday, November 6, 2014

A Baptism, the Temple and a Birthday!!

Hola familia!!!!

Gracias por todo! Recibi mis regalos el viernes y tenia que esperar por 4 dias!!! Thank you so much for the presents and the cards. So far, my birthday has been pretty good. We had studies and cleaned and shopped but them we went out to lunch with Sister Egan! She wouldn't let me eat at Famous Daves becuase she wanted to pay for me, and that way I have another meal that I don't have to pay for. So I will go to famous daves another day. We ate at Red Robins and it was good, I haven't eaten there in forever! I love Sister Egan so much, she is so awesome. She also bought me some earrings from a hand-me down store, they are bicycles! They are super cute. And now I am emailing. It just seems like a normal day for me, but now I am 20! WEIRD! I am no longer a teenager. But I love starting a new year because I can set some goals for myself :)I want this year to be AWESOME! 

Thank you for the emails about everything that has been happening. I see these things and I CAN'T believe how much everyone has changed. 
Jess and Jordan: thank you so much for the email and the card! You both look so cute in your costumes. I love you both!
Jenna: Thank you for emailing me, that meant a lot to me. You are a great example to me too. You look super cute in your costume, where are you at in that picture?
Sammie: OH MY GOODNESS! I can't believe you are this old, going to dances. You have grown up so much, I am in shock. I love the dress, I always wanted to wear a yellow one. You and Johnny looked so cute together. Enjoy those dances, it is sad when they are all over.
Ronnie: I loved your costume, you are the cutest bee that I have seen. Good job for talking to the school about your friend, whenever you run into a situation like that, always ask yourself "what would Jesus do?" You will always make the right choice :) I am proud of you. by the way, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TOMORROW!!!!
Shonna: I miss you a lot, seriously, you are so fun. I am so glad that you are still doing the drum, I can't wait to watch you play when I come home.
Lydia: you are growing up so fast, you are so cute and I can't wait to give you a hug.
Dad: Just always remember that I look up to you so much. You have been such a great example to me and I am so happy to see how much our family is changing. It is amazing. Thank you for working so hard to make this family that it is. I love you so much.
Mom: You are amazing, you are such a great teacher. you are so full of charity. That is something that I am working on, and I really look up to you for that. Thanks for taking care of Samantha Solorzano. She has been in my prayers.
 
This week was an amazing week for me. On Wednesday, I went to do baptisms with Teresa, our recent convert. She loved it, she was a little bit confused at first but once we clearly explained the baptisms and confirmations, she was so excited. I thought that seeing someone being baptized was the best feeling in the world.....I think it is even cooler seeing your recent convert do baptisms for someone else :) It was a great experience in the temple. I loved doing baptisms and feeling the water. I see baptisms a lot, but I loved being able to do it again. 

Maria was baptized this weekend. I just love her and her family. Her example has changed her family because now her mom and brothers want to be baptised and we found out that her dad is a member! We took them to temple square on sunday night and they all want to enter the temple and be sealed as a family. I have really learned that as missionaries, our job isn't just to get people the baptism, we need to help them get to the temple! I am so glad that we can take our recent converts to the temple now. 

The Temple on Halloween was so fun. I watched the same movie that I always have, I was a little bit bummed because I heard they now have 4 movies and I wanted to see a new one....but I learned a lot from the same one I have already seen. I loved feeling the peace that comes from the temple. I really appreciate it a lot more because I don't get to go as much. thank you for sending the family names, I forgot to pick up the names after the session :( sorry. It was really cool going through for a family member.

These last couple of days have been really fun because Sister Rodriguez has been with us. Her companion had some business to take care of concerning her VISA so we have been a Trio for that last couple of days. Oh my goodness, it is like when me and Jess and Jenna were all together. They tease me like Jess and Jenna did! I am the gringa who doesn't like to shop :) sister Peralta reminds me so much like Jenna and Sister Rodriguez is like Jess. We talk while we are laying in bed, I am in the middle bed, and we laugh and they tease me a lot. I don't mind, it reminds me of my own sisters. It has been really fun :) TRIPLETS hehe




I love being a missionary so much. I LOVE not being part of the world.......I love the peace and SPirit that comes from being a representative of Jesus Christ. I love teaching the Gospel to our investigators. I love speaking spanish, even though it is hard sometimes. I feel like the mission is changing me, and I have the blessing of changing other people's lives as well. I love teaching families. I love my Savior! I love my family.

I have been out for about 10 months.......time is FLYING!!!! Don't wish me home too soon, ok? I have a lot to do :)

LOVE YOU ALL!
SLY!

Hermana Warren

No comments:

Post a Comment