The Work has just gotten sweeter!

The Work has just gotten sweeter!
Espirito Santo, Brasil

Wednesday, November 19, 2014

"I like to look for rainbows..."

Hola Familia!

Thanks for the emails, that Stake conference sounded so fun! I think I know who that boy is, if I am thinking right. His name is Casey and he was in my Trek family. He is in my grade. He is so sweet, reading that comment almost made me cry :) I wish I could have been there to see your talks, I love you all so much! I am not with you but I can already tell that our family is changing, and it makes me so happy. 


So yeah, this week was probably the craziest in my mission. Saturday was the craziest DAY in my mission. After my birthday, I got in trouble with the Mission President :( Luckily he only chastized us through a text but I still felt really bad. I have a hard time letting go when I get in trouble. It was my fault, I was being human and forgot to do something important. BUT that day, our investigator and her sister-n-law surprised me with a cake and perfume for my birthday. My favorite part about being a missionary is teaching the people and loving them.  I also got a letter from Grandma Shaftoe and The Sants! They made my day better too :) Even though I deserved getting in trouble, Heavenly Father always makes it better :)

I actually thought that that day was really bad.....but then Saturday happened. This was the worst day ever! Let me just make a list of all the things that happened:
1. It was a cold day
2. We found out that the East mission was teaching a mad from our branch! We call this "poaching" and it is not allowed
3. We called President and accused us of not teahcing the man before the East mission. This man was offended by the spanish sisters about 1 year ago and has never let us back in. We have tried but he just didn't want to be taught by us
4. Right after that, our phone BROKE! We don't even know how! So we couldn't call anyone and that is SO STRESSFUL when you are a missionary and you can't have contact with your president or investigators
5. we were trying to find these missionaries that were poaching on us and figure out the situation. He lives in our area but far away so we were trying to find a ride with a broken phone.
6.We got a new phone to use for a couple of days, but we lost all of our contacts :(
7. Patricia was supposed to get interviewed that night but went to the hospital with her uncle and missed it! The Assistants were gonna interview her because Elder Lambs speaks Spanish but she wasn't showing up and while we were on the phone with them, our borrowed phone DIED! Then we had to bike all the way back to the house to charge the phone and call them back. Then we had to bike all the way back to her house again to see if she was there. That bike ride is about 15 minutes one way :P

So this day was so stressful and crazy. When it was over, I just wanted to cry :( It was the hardest day for me. BUT, God always blesses us with a better day.

The next day was sunday and it was awesome!
1. Patricia had her interview in the morning and did great. She is getting baptized this saturday
2. Teresa, our recent convert, was set apart as a branch missionary!!! She is so happy and so excited, she is so bold and she is so converted to the Gospel
3. We received 4 more ward missionaries! 
4. Patricia's husband, Antonio, received the Priesthood and will baptise his wife this saturday :)
5. We got the whole issue figured out with the East mission. Jose will be baptised this Saturday in our branch with Patricia! So now we have an unexpected baptism this weekend! MIRACLE!
6. We have 9 people on date and 8 people at church! We also had the Primary program in our sacrament meeting and it was so CUTE!!!  I love listening to the primary songs in Spanish :)

SO...what I learned from this experience............There is always a rainbow after the rain :) I know we should enjoy the rain too but I know that Heavenly father will always bless us with a better day tomorrow. We just need to make it through today. Sometimes we have hard days and all we can do is trust in God, that everything will work out the way he wants it to. I had to do that on Saturday, everything was going wrong and I just wanted to sit down and give up.  But when it gets really hard, God wants us to kneel down and then stand up...and get to work. 

The Snow is coming this week. I bought tights and long skirts and sweaters with the money I got for my birthday. I think I will be warm. Based on this week, I will know what I need to get for next week.

I love you all so much. I am really enjoying being a missionary. My spanish is getting better, thank you for that book! mom, did you use that in your mission? I really like it and I can feel my spanish getting better.

RANDOM:
I ate pig intestine tacos yesterday. I should have realized that there was something wrong with them when my mexican companion wouldn't even eat them. I kind of wanted to throw up after but I survived. Now I can say that I ate pig intestines :)

thanks for everything you do for me! I am sending pictures, let me know if you can see them becuase they won't show up on my screen :)

Have a great week! I love you all so much!
sLY!

Hermana Warren

No comments:

Post a Comment