The Work has just gotten sweeter!

The Work has just gotten sweeter!
Espirito Santo, Brasil

Thursday, October 30, 2014

I'm staying in Midvale!!

Hola Familia!

Thanks for the emails. I did get both your letters yesterday, thank you so much for the news and for the names. 

I did cry when I read what happened with Br. Solorzano. The Solorzano family is so close to me, I can remember having sleep-overs at Sam's house. I remember Bro. Solorzano taking pictures of me and Sam before my first dance as a 14-year-old. He was such a humble person, always happy, and I am grateful for his example. Gracias, Hermano Solorzano! Please give them all a hug for me especially Sam. The Plan of Salvation is true! I studied it this morning in my morning study. Through the Atonement of Jesus Christ, all the unfair parts of life will be made up.

So......I am staying here with Sister Peralta!!!! YAY! This area was kind of dead when I got here, baptisms are hard in this area because it is so close to the mountains and not very many spanish people live out here. BUT, we have found a ton of new people and there are so many potentials here. So, nothing changes, my address is the same. 

We are still going to the Temple this friday!!! Best halloween EVER! YAY! We are also taking our recent convert to the temple tomorrow to do baptisms! We received permission to do that with them. I love the temple. Thank you for putting their names on the prayer role. I need those extra blessings for my investigators.

Your weeks sound pretty crazy....I need to see homecoming pictures next week!!!

We are hopefully having a baptism this week. Her name is Maria
and she is 17. I absolutely LOVE her and her family. They are going through a lot of things and it is hard to see them dealing with these things. They are already tight on money but we went over on Friday and they told us that they got robbed! Someone broke into their house and stole their TV and all of their rent money :( Our welfare missionaries are helping them a lot and our branch president. They have to find a new house and they might move to West Valley, which is a different mission. We are going with Patricia, the mom, to go look at some houses in our area. They don't want to move out of the area, and they don't want us to change. We told them about transfers and they were super sad. BUT we will make them super happy to tell them that we are staying. We are teaching 4 people in that house and I absolutely love them. They recognize us as representatives of Jesus Christ and they always say they are so grateful for us and what we have done for their family. They all want to be baptized. They are an amazing family.

We have a lot of people who need to be married....they can't really progress until they do :( The problem is the boyfriend. He doesn't want to get married and it is so frustrating. 

This friday, we had an activity "Dia de Hispanidad" and everyone brought food from their own countries and people performed their own dances and I was just so happy!! I love this branch! I love these members! I love being spanish speaking!!!!

I did have a humbling moment this week. The Welfare Missionaries are awesome, they are the Hawkes and she is from Mexico. She pulled me aside on sunday and asked me if me and sister Peralta are speaking more english or spanish....I told her more english....and she told me that she can see a BAD difference in my Spanish. She said that when I first got into the area, my spanish was perfect. Then she noticed that I sound like a Gringo now. It was humbling for me because I can understand most spanish and communicate pretty well, but I am not fluent. I got kind of lazy about studying spanish. I finished reading the Book of Mormon in Spanish last week and I was super happy, but I forgot to keep studying spanish and practicing it. I am glad I am still with Sister Peralta...I get another chance to improve my Spanish and become fluent :)

I think I have more to write but this computer room is FREEZING and my fingers can't type anymore. I know that this gospel is true. I love being a missionary. I love my Savior. I love my family. I will talk to you all on my BIRTHDAY!!! Last week to be a teenager :) hehe

SLY!
Hermana Warren

No comments:

Post a Comment