The Work has just gotten sweeter!

The Work has just gotten sweeter!
Espirito Santo, Brasil

Tuesday, October 7, 2014

My Stressful and Spiritual Week :)‏

Hola Familia!


So, I decided that I will kind of organize my letters, so I can remember everything that I want to say. I will first, "follow up" with anything that you wrote in your emails, then I will tell you anything like announcements, and then I will talk about my week. Just to let you know :)

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE PACKAGE!!! I went on exchanges yesterday so I came home this morning and Sister Peralta yells "MERRY CHRISTMAS! I put your christmas present under the tree!" I look over at a little lamp with lights wrapped around the pole (our "christmas tree") and I see the package! I was so happy! Thanks for the boots, those will work perfectly! I didn't buy a jacket today, Sister Egan told me that rain wasn't in the forcast for this week. Sister Gonzalez left a lot of stuff when she went back to chile and she left a nice rain poncho. I will just use that this week if anything happens. Then I will buy something next week.
 Sorry about scaring you for almost dying.....sometimes cars don't see us. I am ok though...I am always looking around and being careful.

I will keep Bro. Solorzano in my prayers. And also Samantha. Sister Gonzalez's mom had cancer while she was on her mission.....her mom is now healed. Being on a mission really does bless your family.

ANNOUNEMENT!!!
P-Day is monday next week. Elder Clark from the Missionary Department is coming and speaking to us so our P-day is monday.....again. 

That is the only thing, I think...

So this week.....

We went to the Sunday Afternoon session with Teresa, did you see me? I wore a yellow polk-a-dot cardigan. My investigator got to hear Elder Bednar's talk! PERFECTO! I also got to hear the talk in Portuguese ( I could pick up a couple of words) and SPanish, which I understood almost perfectly! I sat on the floor seats, not on the balcony. I could see all the apostles and I was just crying when the Mormon Tabernacle choir was singing "I am a Child of God". I never realized this before but this song contains some of the most simple truths about the Gospel.


1. I am a child of God,
And he has sent me here,
Has given me an earthly home
With parents kind and dear.

2. I am a child of God,
And so my needs are great;
Help me to understand his words
Before it grows too late.

3. I am a child of God.
Rich blessings are in store;
If I but learn to do his will,
I'll live with him once more.

4. I am a child of God.
His promises are sure;
Celestial glory shall be mine
If I can but endure.

Chorus
Lead me, guide me, walk beside me,
Help me find the way.
Teach me all that I must do
To live with him someday.

I love the fourth verse. It is so true :) Me and sister Merrill are singing this song in Spanish for our Zone conference next week with Elder Clark.

One thing that I found interesting was that I could FEEL Satan working on me and doing things to prevent us from going or to ruin the experience of conference. My bike decided to fall apart on the way to Teresa's house, Teresa lost her phone and was running around looking for it for a while. We needed $15 for the TRAX and I only brought 14, luckily Teresa had a dollar, we were on the TRAX, late because we took time looking for her phone, all the seats were taken when we got there BUT at 2:00, we were all seated, listening to conference. We had to divide us to sit down. I was a couple rows in front but  I just sat there, completely wiped out from the stress of not knowing if we were going to get there on time but EXTREMELY grateful that everything worked out and Teresa was there in conference. It was a learning experience for me to put my faith in GOD, and to do the best I can and leave everything else to God.

Conference was amazing this october, I think it has something to do with me being on a mission but I just loved it! That is true, the theme was Prophets and testimony/personal revelation. We are all going to need to support our Prophet and have our own testimonies because one day, he is going to ask us to do something as a church, from the Lord, and we are going to have to rely on our testimonies and knowing that he is a prophet. Just like Joseph Smith! When he asked the people to move AGAIN, leaving behind the temple, they needed to rely on this testimony of the church and of a living-day prophet.

Yesterday I went on exchanges in Murray and it was fun...and weird! I walked in to the building Legacy and the smell just washed over me and I was instantly taken back to when I was a greenie and it was a horrible but humbling feeling. Horrible because when I remember that time, I remember being SUPER homesick, I couldn't speak spanish, and I had no idea what I was doing. But I also remember how I had to completely rely on the Lord to get through each day. Now, as I hit my half-way mark tomorrow, I am not homesick, my spanish has improved dramatically, and I have learned to lean on the Lord while also using my experience in the field. It is amazing to see how much I have learned and changed over the last 9 months. Thank you so much for EVERYTHING you have done for me during these 9 months....I am so grateful for you all :)

We are still working on the Velez family, they have a lot of problems to work through but we will help them. 

I think that is all for this week! It was a very fast week! We are in week 4 and transfers are on the 29th. We are getting a Colombian sister next transfer so that means that changes will happen again among the Spanish sisters, we will see what happens!

I love you all! Sounds like everyone is going good :) I always pray for you, every night!

SLY!
Hermana Warren

No comments:

Post a Comment