The Work has just gotten sweeter!

The Work has just gotten sweeter!
Espirito Santo, Brasil

Tuesday, March 25, 2014

All is well, all is well!

<------------------- Here is my mailing address I love letters!!



Hola Familia y mis amigos

This week was really good, haha I had some interesting experiences. But first, I am gonna answer some of your questions :)

Yes, I wear helmets, it is a rule. Biking is going great, I love it, I feel like I am doing real missionary work when I am on a bike . It is super fun :)

Hermana Merrill loved your letter, mom. Thank you :)

I got everyone's letters on Thursday! Thank you for all of those letters, I loved them. They made the surgery recovery a lot better.

SOOOOOOOOOOOO..................I will talk about the biggest event this week: MY WISDOM TEETH!
So I went into the surgery at 11:15 and I was waking up at 12:15. Hermana asked "Que es su proposito como una misionera?" Hahaha I said the whole thing in SPANISH! I didn't think that I remembered it in spanish, we say it in English in the mission. So that was pretty funny. I went home and slept all day and then went to a older couple's house while Hermana went out and taught at night. Our ward is so sweet, I love everyone so much. The next day, I slept in (that was weird) and then pretty much slept the entire day. I watched some district videos and then went back to bed. Saturday, we finally went out and man, can I just say that I love missionary work! Being in for 2 days was hard and it reminded me of the life I had before my mission, chilling in the house, taking naps, not really having anything to do. Missionary work is SO MUCH FUN!!!!

So now I am almost fully healed. My gums are still sore and chewing hurts sometimes. I have pain pills but they make me tired and a little bit dizzy. We need to ride our bikes so I am pretty much off of those pills. The bleeding wasn't bad at all so don't worry. I am doing great now.

On Sunday, a boy in our ward got his mission call and it was so fun to watch him open it. Literally the ENTIRE WARD gets together and they had food and watched him open it. He is going to San Antonio Texas! Spanish speaking :) It reminded me of when I got my call and how scary and nerve-racking it was to open that envelope. Your whole life changes based on the letter in that envelope. It was a great reminder of how exciting missionary work is.

So I saw that Alyssa got her call!!! I am so happy for her, she is going to be an amazing missionary. I am so proud to part of this amazing generation of youth who are decided to put their lives aside for 2 years or a 1 and 1/2 to serve the Lord. It helps me to push on when times are hard or I am tired. Elder Hunt told me Kolby got his call? Where is he going?

So this week is going to be AWESOME!!!! Yesterday, I had a very strong desire to focus on the goals we made for this week and for that day. There is a power in making goals, especially in missionary work. We had a goal of handing out 6 BOMS and we handed out 5! That is really hard to do, because a lot of the people here are 1)Already LDS, 2)Aren't LDS but don't want to join because they were offended or are not interested, 3)REALLY Catholic and don't want a different religion or their family is Catholic. You just have to be bold and creative in how you give out the BoM, and you can do it. We went tracting in a new apartment complex yesterday and it was so fun and tiring, it is like digging for gold :) GOLDEN INVESTIGATORS!!! And when we focus on goals, we have something to work for, a purpose to everything we do. Goals are awesome and this week, we are really focusing on our goals and trying to reach them. 

This week, I am working on patience and learning about it. Patience is really hard, especially with yourself. Being a new missionary, it is SO HARD! But I am adjusting and I am trying really hard to have our companionship be a 50/50 companionship. I am doing my best to contribute as much as I can, and it is hard sometimes because of the language but I just need to be PATIENT! Pray for me as I learn this attribute haha :)

This Thursday we are going to the Jordan River Temple and I am so excited! I love the temple and I seriously can't wait. It is crazy how sometimes we take for the granted the wonderful opportunity to go to the House of the Lord.  This Saturday, we are baptizing the Roman family. I love them so much and I am so happy. We had someone on date for April 12 but he didn't go to church so he fell off :( I was super sad but that's ok. All is well :)

Well family, thanks for everything you do for me :) I miss you all and love your letters. I am glad life is going well, I am excited for the wedding :) Have a great week and I will email next week :) with pictures :)

SLY!
Hermana Warren

No comments:

Post a Comment