The Work has just gotten sweeter!

The Work has just gotten sweeter!
Espirito Santo, Brasil

Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Miracles do happen!!

<---------------  This is my mailing address.  I love letters!!




Hola Familia y mis Amigos!!

Como estan? Can I just say that I love everyone here in SLC? I feel like I am not far away from you all because I see members of my ward here that remind me so much of my family. Yesterday, I saw a little latino girl and she looked JUST like Lydia. It caught me completely by surprise and I couldn't help but smile whenever I looked at her. I love my family so much!

Ok, so I wrote a letter today and I will put it the mail so you should get it by Thursday or Friday. I answered a lot of your questions about the mission and my companion in it:) Thank you for the package!!!! I loved it! Thank you Stevenson family for bringing to me, you guys are awesome!  The sugar cookies were absolutely amazing and the blanket was definitely needed.....Thanks Grandma I sent a letter to you also. Thank you for all the letters, I love reading them and I am gonna tape all my letters in a journal (That is what I bought at Walmart by the way, and then I had to take 20 dollars out as well for laundry, we have to go to a laundry-mat :P) I love everyone's letters :) Thank you!

So I found out that I can print off emails so if you could send Hermana Childs' blog posts in an email, then I can print them off and read them later!

So this week, we have seen many miracles happen! It was awesome, well, first of all, Jacquleine and Ernesto were baptized!!!! YAY!!! We took them to Temple Square last Tuesday before their baptism and they committed to prepare to go through the temple in one year. I hope they do that! That way I can go through with them because I will still be here.

Second, we found a family from Colombia that Hermana Merrill has been trying to find for a month. The member who referred them didn't know their address and so one day, we were biking somewhere and as missionaries, we have a goal of talking to at least 10 people everyday on the street. As we were talking to the 10th person, Hermana looked at the house we were standing in front of and saw a family walk into the house.....and guess who is was? The Colombian Family!!! She was so excited and we were amazed at how the Lord guides us without us even realizing it! We found out also that the member had put the family's name on the temple prayer role that day and that we would be able to find the family. AMAZING!!!!

Another miracle happened this week....but for a family in our ward. Were teaching a less active family and the wife told us that she needed some extra help her with her business. We told her we would keep an eye out for anyone who was looking for a job. Later that day, we were trying to contact some new investigators and they weren't home. We decided to stop and talk to a member family and ask them why they didn't go to church that day. We talked to them and shared a message with them and I could tell that something was wrong, we asked how everything was and we found out that the husband had just lost his job and he was really worried. They are a young couple and have two young children. We instantly thought of the lady from earlier that day and we called her up and had him talk to her. He got off the phone with tears in his eyes, saying that everyone was great. I was SO happy to be involved in that miracle. God knows his children, and he uses us as instruments to meet the needs of those we come in contact with :) I love being a missionary!

I am so glad that everyone is doing great! Jess? Is everything getting together for the wedding? ONE MONTH!!!! When we went to temple square, I looked at the temple and had a bitter-sweet feeling. I knew that you were gonna get married in this temple and I am so excited for you, but I also knew that all of my family would be standing where I was standing and I wouldn't get to be here with you all. Pray for me for that weekend..........even though I will be busy, it will still be really hard. We are trying to put some people on date for baptism for April 12.

I am doing good. My feet are fine and I am always fed :) My cold is gone and I feel really good. It is still hard to wake up in the morning, but I am sure I will get used to it sometime soon hahah

So it snowed this morning......WEIRD! Would you be able to send me some piano music? I think I can still play Frozen so copy the music and send it to me if you could! Thanks! Also, I would love some ideas for lunches......I need to eat some different stuff. I feel like I eat the same food every day :)

I love this work and I can feel my testimony growing and the language is coming better and better. I am not as scared to talk to people anymore and I pray every day to be bold and powerful. I want to be like the missionaries in the BoM!

I love you all! Keep having FHE and reading the scriptures! When I wake up, I always think that my family is up with me, reading with me :) We went to a FHE last night with our investigators, there were 42 people in a tiny trailor. It was great!

I love you and miss you! Write to me if you can, letters are the best!
SLY!

Hermana Warren

No comments:

Post a Comment