The Work has just gotten sweeter!

The Work has just gotten sweeter!
Espirito Santo, Brasil

Wednesday, April 2, 2014

It's All About Families!!

<--------------------  Here is my Mailing Address.  I love letters!!! 


So this week is all about FAMILY!!! So on Thursday, we went through the Jordan River Temple and it is so HUGE! So much bigger than the Columbia River temple :) We had a little meeting in the chapel next to it and we heard testimonies from 8 missionaries who are leaving. Then President Moffat gave us a great lesson on Covenants (he is AMAZING) and then we ate lunch in the Temple. They serve some pretty good food :) Then we got our clothes and went through the 1:30 session.  It was such a treat to go through again. Then, when I got into the Celestial room my emotions changed.  I looked around the room and didn't see ANYONE that I loved: Mom, Dad, Grandma. I just sat down and started crying. I really missed my family and it was a shock to go into the Celestial room and not have you guys waiting there for me like before. Then I imagined Grandpa Shaftoe being in the room with me and I felt better and started crying even more. It was very emotional but I felt better when I left the room.
I love the Temple. I love being in the Lord's house.

So this weekend, the Roman family was baptized and confirmed!!! They were the first family that I actually went through the whole process with from contact, invite, teach, baptize and confirm. So I am really close to them and love them so much, it made me SO happy to see them enter the water and be baptized. This is what makes EVERYTHING worth it.

We are teaching a new family, their names are Rafael, Lina, Santiago, Sebastian, and Camila. They are hard core Catholic but they are such an amazing family! I love going over and teaching them, they are so patient with my Spanish. They want to know why they should change their religion, a religion that their ENTIRE family has been in, like our family being LDS. We are trying to get them to read the Book of Mormon, because if they know that the Book of Mormon is true, they will know everything else is true. If you have any ideas, let me know, we are praying and working hard on them.

I went on an exchange this Friday with other sister missionaries and it was awesome over all. It was scary at first because I was leading my companion and being like the Senior Companion but it turned out great! I learned so much. Sister Merrill just got called to be a Sister Training Leader. I am nervous about that because that means that when she goes on exchanges with people, the other missionary comes with me and I have to lead.......in SPANISH! She is doing exchanges with English sisters!!! So I will be the only one speaking Spanish. PRAY FOR ME!! :)

So the General Women's Conference was AWESOME!! I hope you all watched it. I kept imagining my family watching it and it made me so happy. I got teary-eyed just thinking about it:)

So I got letters from Mom, Dad, Sammie, and Lydia! Thank you so much! Letters are awesome and they give me an extra boost during the week. I am putting some letters in the mail today. Sorry that I don't write as much, I try to but P-days are so busy. It might take me a while but I will get letters to everyone;)

So it SNOWED on March 30th! CRAZY! I hated it to be honest. I couldn't see and I was tired and cold and I wanted to cry. We were only in it for like an hour though so I was ok.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JENNA!! I hope you have a great birthday this week, I love you so much and I am sending a letter to you:) Can't believe you are turning 18!

So, there is a senior couple in our Spanish ward, they are serving a mission. Her name is Sister Egan. She helps us so much and I asked her to go to Temple Square on April 12 when you are there for the wedding so she could see you all and she said she would love to! So look for Sister Egan, she will be there to give everyone a hug for me, and probably a present for Jess. I will leave the cardigan at the Mission Office.

 Well, that is pretty much it for this week. I hope everyone has a great week and enjoy spring break! I am glad that Jess's shower was good and I wish that I could be there. 
I got through my first TRANSFER!!! Woot, woot! It went by really fast, and everyone tells me that is just gets faster and faster.

I want to share my favorite missionary quote. I got it in the CCM and i read it every day. It always gets me through the hard times. I love it so much. If someone wanted to frame it for me, I would LOVE that :)

"Remember, the Lord has called you to succeed, not to fail. Sometimes it may seem terribly hard, but He wants you to grow. He will not abandon you. He inspired your call. He knows who you are. He knows what you need. He knows what He wants you to become and this mission experience is an opportunity He has given you to discover things about yourself you never knew; capacities you never knew you had, strength beyond what you felt you had, and the capacity to love and serve which will sustain you throughout the rest of your life. Remember, you have been called and He will fit the task to your capabilities. I testify in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen."
Elder Richard G. Scott, MTC, April 16, 2013

I know that this Church is true! The Book of Mormon is true, I finished reading it yesterday. It is such an inspired book and we can get closer to God if we live what we read.

I love you all, thank you for all you do:) Have a great week!
SLY,
Hermana Warren

No comments:

Post a Comment