The Work has just gotten sweeter!

The Work has just gotten sweeter!
Espirito Santo, Brasil

Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Busy, Busy, Busy!!

<------------------------------------  Here is my mailing address.  Letters are the best!!



Hola Familia y mis amigos!!

Ok, I want to answer everyone's questions first:

So we don't really have a functioning stove, it is more like a hot plate. It works good enough to make eggs but not to make soup or pasta......it takes a while:( So the canned food will work if it can be put in the microwave! Thanks! I am so excited to get a box from you all!

We get some discounts here, like at COLD STONE ICE CREAM!!  OH YEAH! But that is pretty much it. I think Costa Vida does it too but we don't have one in our area. 

 I am gonna need socks for my flats and biker shorts soon though, since it is getting hot outside and we can't wear tights.

Thank you Mom and Dad for your letters, I LOVED THEM!! I love hearing about your mission experiences, you should tell me more about your missions!

 I loved General Conference! I loved Sunday morning session, and Elder Ballard's talk was AMAZING!!!! I think that we should study "Preach My Gospel" as a family and then talk about what we learn from it. We are all missionaries and we all need to learn how to be better missionaries. I can't wait for the Ensign to come out, this conference was just amazing, there are no words to describe how good it was. I watched it at a member's house and then the last session was in Spanish so it was hard to get things out of that one, but I could understand a lot of it:)

 We are still working with our investigators, we had two on date for baptism for April 26th but they fell off because they didn't watch conference which was as if they didn't make it to church so we will work with them more. We are still working with the "C" family, they just need to understand that the Book of Mormon is the key stone of our religion and if they read it and pray about it, they will know that this  church is true. People's agency is so annoying sometimes, :)  but it is so important and part of our Heavenly Father's plan.

 Ok, some funny and cool stuff!

We have roosters across the street that make so much noise, all day! Super annoying, I think they are blind because they start cocka doodle doing during the middle of the day! The sun has been up for like 5 hours!!!! hahaha super funny!

 So guess who lives in our area? DAVID ARCHULETA! and he just got home from his mission! He visited one of the districts this week in their district meeting.....so JELLY!  We are having a Spanish missionary training meeting soon so I am hoping that he comes to that :) That would be awesome.

 My Spanish is coming along good, we are having exchanges this Friday so my Spanish is really going to be tested! Pray for me this weekend, it is going to be a tough one :/ I try not to think about the wedding because it just makes me sad. Sister Egan is planning on coming to Temple Square, I gave her your email and number to get in contact with you. She will bring Jess's present. Feel free to driving through my area! If you go down State street  from Salt Lake, once you hit the Costco on the right, you are in my mission. And everything on the left of State street is our area! If you drive passed my apartment, you will see a big cemetary and apartments across the street. We are in those a lot well, maybe not the cemetary!  :). Jordan might know where the big trailer park is but it is right off of 1300 East, we are in those a lot too.

 I am so excited for Jess! I am so sad that I won't be there but I know that the Lord will bless us this week for my sacrifice. I will tell you all about the miracles next week :)

I love you all and miss you a lot! I am doing great though, I can tell that this transfer is gonna go by pretty fast. I pray for you all every day and thank you for your support and love.....and letters:)

 Happy Birthday Jenna! Live it up being 18! it goes by pretty fast :)

I love you and will talk to you all next week! I will have Sister Egan give you hugs for me :)

SLY

Hermana Warren

 

No comments:

Post a Comment