The Work has just gotten sweeter!

The Work has just gotten sweeter!
Espirito Santo, Brasil

Friday, August 1, 2014

The Best of Both Worlds!!

Hola Everyone!

So, the main thing that everyone probably wants to know is how I reacted to seeing Jess on Thursday.....well, I was actually FINE! I was kind of prepared for it because on Wednesday, while we were waiting in Chic-Fil-A for the rest of our district, I saw Caleb Andrus, Brooke Andrus's brother. It was SO weird! I saw him and said his name, then he looked over and saw me and was like, "What? I didn't know that you were on a mission!" We talked for a little bit but I think that helped prepare me for Friday because when I saw Caleb, with him being the first person I have seen on my mission that I know, it really hit me that I am a missionary! It was so weird but really cool at the same time. Then on Friday, when I saw Jess and Jordan, it wasn't as weird as it could have been....I had kind of been prepared a little bit. I did hug her like 3 times though :) I was really happy to see her but now, it just feels like a dream to me so don't worry, I wasn't completely homesick after. I was able to enjoy it and then keep working :) But it was kind of like having these 2 worlds collide: my home world and my missionary world. I didn't ever expect them to collide or come together. It was  a really cool and weird and interesting experience. It really made me realize that I am a missionary, I am not homesick anymore, and I will see my family when I am done, so I think that is really did more good than bad for me. Sister Gonzalez did kind of freak out, she doesn't really react well under those situations. She felt bad when we were going to our apartment though, she didn't want to make Jess and Jordan feel bad.  BUT thank you so much for visiting me. It was a great surprise!

Man, it sounds like it was absolutely CRAZY at home! Don't you just love it? :P I love our family so much, even though it can be hectic with so many kids and noise...but I would rather have a giant family than no family. 

So some things that happened this week:
My District - Lots of Fun!!
We are still searching for spanish speakers. Sometimes, we just want to yell in a giant megaphone "If you speak spanish, please come out our your homes right now!" It would make the finding part a lot easier, but of course, we can't do that so now we have to just ask people and talk to people and knock on doors, which is really tiring, especially when it is 100 degrees outside. This part of missionary work really makes me appreciate TEACHING so much more. I really love teaching, I think I always have, even before my mission.

When we went to an appointment this week, we were getting our of the car and someone drove past us in a really nice white car a yelled "Hi Sisters!" I looked over and guess who it was?


DAVID ARCHULETA!!!!!!! 

Oh yeah!!! And me, being the girl that I am and forgetting briefly that I am a missionary, I yelled "HI DAVID!!!" without thinking. I felt kid of stupid after but whatever. BUT THEN, I saw that he turned around, drove passed us again, and then turned around again and stopped right in front of the house and asked us if the people that we were visiting were home. I told him that we weren't sure and then I asked him if his Grandpa was back and he said that he was. Then he tried to say something else but a car pulled up behind him so he had to keep driving, but he said something about how he knows our investigators and then he just waved goodbye and kept driving. I actually had a conversation with DAVID ARCHULETA!!! BOO YA!

So that was pretty exciting....now back to missionary work :) Yeah, we had interviews on Thursday and President asked me to be Senior companion for one week....and he straight up told me that he was doing that to train me to be a leader in the mission. SO there is a lot of pressure right there but I will be fine. Sister Gonzalez keeps telling me that I am going to be a Sister Training Leader one day....we will see. That is a hard job so I am not sure if I want to do that, but I realized that I work a lot better when I have a responsibility or assignment.

So that is pretty much what has been happening this week: it has been hot but raining these last few days. 

You all should come up with a name for my bike! I was thinking about that the other day and that my bike deserves a name. So send a name in a letter and let me know! I got a letter from SAMMIE! I loved it and have one in the mail for her.

that is pretty much it, I hope that you all have a great week! I love you all so much. 

SLY!
Hermana Warren

No comments:

Post a Comment