The Work has just gotten sweeter!

The Work has just gotten sweeter!
Espirito Santo, Brasil

Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Help the Missionaries!!

Hola Familia!
Mission Conference

So this week has been a blur! I can't really think about the individual days, all I can really remember is that each day has been HOT, and I mean that I am getting tanner in these last two weeks than I have over the last summer. 

The Spanish culture is "growing" on us!!
My companionship has been going great! WE have so much fun together and talk about a lot of things....a lot of girl stuff :) It is really fun, I missed that in my last companionship. The only bad part is that we are struggling to find people to teach. And that kind of puts a damper on the fun BUT we still do our best to talk to everyone and contact referrals and invite as many people as we can to be baptized. Apparently, I am in the area that breaks missionaries, because the area is huge and the spanish population is small and kind of dangerous. Also, our branch isn't as excited about missionary work like Murray was. We rarely have rides and it has been hard to get help. Our "member present" lesson number has been really low compared to Murray. I am now realizing that I was spoiled in Murray. I really hope that I can get transferred back there again someday. 


So if you have the opportunity, go out and teach with the Elders, I am sure they will love it and you will also have the blessing of remembering your own missions. Helping for just an hour makes the biggest difference. I had the impression to say that.

So on Wednesday, we went to Brighton Canyon and we were there until about 3. We learned a lot and it was a lot of fun. Our mission president is so powerful and I love listening to him speak and sometimes, yell, because we are not doing this or struggling with that. Him and his wife are amazing and I will take you all to meet him after my mission.

We are working on this family that is a family of like 7! But 3 of the older siblings have already been baptized and we are just trying to get the parents married so they can be baptized with their two other children who haven't been baptized yet. We are trying to work with them still. We are also teaching Miriam and Danny, they aren't married either and we had an appointment with them on Sunday with the older missionary who helps people get married and they weren't there! We were writing a note for them and we saw them drive by their apartment and apparently they saw us too and drove all the way to the back of the apartment complex and sat in the back,waiting for us to leave. We followed them to the back and sneakily watched them to see what they were doing and we saw them sitting back there for a while. Then after a little bit, they got up and walked back to towards their apartment, looking around for us as they did it. Of course, we are super sneaky and they didn't see us but they kept walking and actually went to Danny's mom'm apartment. Sister Zufelt knew where it was and so after waiting  minutes, we started "tracting" around the mom's house and then knocked on her door. No one answered. We haven't been able to find them since :(

I bought a new helmet today, the one I was borrowing for the last 6 months gives me headache every time I wear it.

Exactly 6 months ago, I came into the mission field here in Salt Lake
  I was thinking about the first day here and how much I have learned and how much I have changed. I feel like such a different person. I love how the gospel is all about change, that is something that David Archuleta said when he bore his testimony to his grandpa. I really liked that :)

Anyway, I got Mom's, Shonna's, and G and G Warren's letters. Thanks you so much!!!

That is pretty much it! I love you all so much! When does Jenna go to Hawaii?
Have a great week!
SLY!
Hermana Warren

No comments:

Post a Comment