The Work has just gotten sweeter!

The Work has just gotten sweeter!
Espirito Santo, Brasil

Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Me Gusta Mexico!

Hola mi familia!
How is everyone doing? I miss you guys so much, I hope everyone is safe and getting used to school again. I just want you guys to know that I have a ton of things to tell you about...and a lot of pictures. So........after I emailed you on Wednesday, I was taken to mi casa....which is so awesome by the way. I went inside with all of my stuff and a girl peeked out of her room and asked me what my name was. I told her Hermana Warren and then she just screamed and ran over to me and gave me a hug.......can you guess who it was? :) Mi compañera!!!! Her name is Hermana Childs and she is seriously one of the biggest blessings in my mission. We are so similar, it is kind of creepy. She loves to sing and play the piano so we are singing hymns all the time. She has curly hair like me...well, i guess mine isn´t really but we seriously look like twins. She is super positive and we are always talking in Español together. That is the best way to learn the language! By the way, I am so glad I got a perm porque it is so nice when we wake up at 6:30 and I have to be en la clase at 7:00. I am very grateful for that. Anyway, we have so much fun together and we are planning on singing Savior, Redeemer of my Soul in our Sacrament meeting :) I am super excited for that.
So the first days were really long. We were always in a meeting or devotional or something. We had to learn all of the CCM rules and stuff like that. My district is 14A. The elders in my district are so fun. Hermana Childs y yo are the only Hermanas in our district. No one else is going to Salt Lake City...which is a bummer. Mi compañera is going to New Jersey. Everyone I talk to is so jealous that I am going to Salt Lake, they wish they could go there and they think that it is so cool. 

My Spanish teacher is Hermano Silva and seriously, he is the funniest person ever!!! He makes me laugh so hard....which helps when I am sad or frustrated. I don´t have a picture but I will send one next week. 
The Spanish is coming along bueno. We gave a lesson to an investigador on Friday.....scariest thing of my life. The frustrating part about all of this is that I know what I want to say and I want to seem interested in the investigador and understand what he is saying pero no puedo hablar en Español!!!! I am getting better though and trying my best to be patient with myself. The language will come. 
i got new Spanish scriptures!! They are beautiful! i love them.

The food is really good here. Me gusta la comida......and they have chocolate milk!!!! I was so happy when I saw that. They always have fruit to eat and their pastries are the bomb. Sometimes they serve weird stuff or reserve hamburgers they had two nights ago but there is usually something else to eat. Also, they always have hot sauce which makes the food taste great!

Ok, well, el Espiritu Santo is very strong here......my teacher always brings the Spirit to class and we are always studying.....ALWAYS!! Whether it is Predicad Mi Evangelio or las Escrituras o Español. Sometimes it gets overwhelming pero it makes the time go by fast. I am getting used to the schedule...I really like it. 

The first day we were here, we sat in on a discussion with real investigators. The one we teach everyday isn´t real. But that day, we were told to follow the Spirit and ask inspired questions to Mario, the investigator. So about 20 elders y hermanas were asking Mario questions about his life and what he knew about the church. Then we started sharing our testimonies about prayer and talking to our Heavenly Father. Then we ended by saying a prayer with him. The Spirit was so strong and I was warm inside. That experience helped my get through Friday when I was having a hard time with being homesick and being frustrated with Spanish. It helped me remember why I am serving a mission.
There are just too many experiences to talk about, funny ones and spiritual ones. Yesterday I accidentally said Tenemos  pescados ("We have fish") instead of Tenemos pecados ("We have sins") .....hahaha...Hermana and I were joking about that all day. President Pratt´s cat walks around campus and so we named him Pescados.

The CCM is muy bonito. Someone told me that they treat the CCM like a temple and everything is gorgeous. I will send pictures. The sun is always shining and it is so warm. I love it. We like to sit outside and have personal and compañionship study.
 
I thought I met an Elder from Scotland pero he was faking. Sad day :(
i have met so many people here. It is awesome. En our casa, there are like 3 other rooms with hermanas in them. I just love them all so much. I met the girl who i talked to on Facebook!!! she is in mi casa!

Sunday was great! I had to say a prayer in Sacrament meeting and I did pretty well! It is amazing to see how much Spanish I have learned over the last week. The Gift of Tongues is real, familia :) It just comes to you little by little though so patience is definitely needed. We watched The Mountain of the Lord as missionaries. They have a big auditorium that we have devotionals in and stuff. We had a devo with Elder Holland!!!!!! it was a recording of him in the Provo MTC  though :( But it was so good and got me so pumped to be a missionary. But I heard that a member of the 12 Apostles is coming in February!! Hopefully I am here for that.

Everyday we have gym...which is a very exciting part of our day. We play volleyball, which I kick booty at, and there is an exercise room. It is the best.

Well, i don´t know if I have time to talk about everything. Send me an email about what everyone is up to. Ask me questions about stuff, it makes writing the email easier haha. Shonna, I want your talk! please send it if you can :)

I love you all and I miss you. I am doing great and I am thankful for your prayers! I wish I was home with everyone but I know that this is where I am supposed to be.

Yo se que La Iglesia de Jesuscristo del los Santos del los Ultimos Dias es verdadera. Yo se que el Libro de Mormon es verdadero. Yo se que Jesucristo es el Salvador y el hijo de Dios. Estoy agradecida por la opotunidad servir una mision y yo se que mi familia es eterna. 

SLY!!
Hermana Warren


No comments:

Post a Comment