The Work has just gotten sweeter!

The Work has just gotten sweeter!
Espirito Santo, Brasil

Thursday, March 12, 2015

"It's beginning to look a lot like......".......SPRING!!

Hola Familia!

You have NO idea how happy I am about the weather! It changes everything when the weather is nice and the sun is out. Before my mission, I loved the cloudy days when it was dark and made being inside more cozy and the sun would always give me a headache. NOW, when I have to be outside all day on my bike, I love the sun! The weather is going to be beautiful this week :)

Time out for Women sounds fun! Hank Smith talked at my EFY when I went to BYU. He is so funny. I would have loved to see John Bythway. I will have to go when I have to chance :)

Thanks for the letters this week!
 I got the letter with the endorsement and the letters from Mom, Shonna,and Lydia. I just emailed President about the Endorsement, which I'm sure he can do. I am getting letters in the mail for Shonna and Lydia.

This week was pretty good! We had transfers, special training for Sister Training Leaders, Zone training meeting ( I had to "role-play" a lesson situation in front of the zone. It was scary but we did a great job!) and then yesterday, we had a special Mission Leadership Council meeting where we started the Ipad process. I will let them know that we are just borrowing the Ipad, I forgot that I will need a laptop when I get home. We don't have the Ipads yet, we had a problem with apple not letting us make our Apple IDs all at once so it was a pain, but President figured out the problem so we will be getting those soon, maybe this week.

It has been a painful experience for me, being a Sister Training Leader. I see more of the behind-the-scene work and the state of the mission. I also see a lot of the true feelings of President Moffat. I think we both feel the same way, how we want to leave the mission better than we found it but it "seems" like many of the missionaries don't really care. It gets really frustrating for me, but if they choose to slack off, I can't do anything about that. I am just going to baptize and baptize before I go home. 

We have two baptisms this week! Maria is 10 and Jordan in 13 and they are getting baptized. We have Gerson on date still and he is doing great! He has changed so much. It is amazing for me. 

​We had all of them at church, which was awesome! We also saw how the Lord answers prayers because we had been praying all week to find new people to teach and on sunday night, we picked up two new people! Sometimes the Lord takes a little while to answer our prayers, he wants to see if we are willing to look and do our part. 

We took the family we are teaching to Temple Square on Saturday! It was so fun :) I love taking people to temple square! 

Everyone was SO surprised when I came to church. My Ward mission leader had actually planned a surprise "Good-bye" party for me on Tuesday night. When I walked in on Tuesday night without Sister Banka, they thought that we were playing a joke. We had to tell them MANY times that Sister Banka got transferred and had already left. Everyone was really surprised! I guess the Lord needs me here for another transfer, I haven't gotten tired of the area yet, which is really good. There are so many places to go and so many people to contact. When I was in Murray, I felt like there was no work for me there......but I still have more work to do here :)

I can't think of anything SUPER cool that happened this week. I did knock on someone's door yesterday and a guy opened the door who was 6'10! He was so tall! That was also the first thing that came out of my mouth haha, but he laughed so I guess it was ok :)

I will get everything figured out about the Endorsement. We have interviews on the 19th so that is when the endorsement will be completed. 

I am glad that you liked the clothes, I am going to have Jess bring a few boxes of memory things that I don't want to drag with me through transfers. I met Sister Hartelius at Chick-fil-a! I guess it was a blessing because I don't know how else I would have met her. It is a small world! I will try to send as much home as possible so I only come home with my 2 suitcases and carry on. I would like to have my bike when I go home, but we will see how that works out :)

I love you all so much! Thanks for all that you do for me and thanks for your prayers. I have been super tired all week, daylight savings is hard on a mission. But I can feel your prayers each day. I love you all!

I am not ready to come home yet though, just talking about school makes me want to throw up haha, I love being a missionary :) 

Have a great week!!! 
SLY!
Hermana Warren

No comments:

Post a Comment