The Work has just gotten sweeter!

The Work has just gotten sweeter!
Espirito Santo, Brasil

Tuesday, June 17, 2014

I'm Alive!!

Hola Familia!
So I am alive! haha, I lived through another week on the mission, this one was a little bit harder than the others.
So this week I was praying for help to lose weight hehe, I know.....but Heavenly Father can help us in anything, right? So here is how he answered my prayer.

Well, first of all, we had an awesome Zone Training this last Thursday, and of course, I was in awe the whole time, listening to President Moffat and feeling guilty for any time that I ever wanted to quit or not be obedient or not work hard. I love those trainings because every missionary needs a boost every now and then. That is why we have a lot of meetings in missionary work and in the Gospel. Missions get hard, life gets hard, we lose that animo to do the things that we need to do....then we go to a meeting or a training and our gas tank is filled up and we are ready to start working hard again. But after the zone training, I started feeling kind of out- of - it and felt really hot and light headed. Then that night, during planning, my stomach started hurting really bad. Around 11:30, I woke up and ran to the bathroom and threw up. Then I went back to bed, but got up like 15 minutes later to throw up again. After throwing up like 5 times, I called my mission president and he told me that there is some flu going around among the missionaries and that I probably picked it up at the training. So I kept throwing up the rest of the night and didn't get any sleep. I slept on the bathroom floor with my pillow :P We got up at 6:30 to be obedient and then Sister Moffat told me to go back to bed. So I slept the whole day, throwing up and trying to sleep, but I had a fever and it made it really hard to sleep well. Then the fever finally broke at 3 and I was able to sleep and a member came and sat in the other room for 3 hours while Sister Gonzalez went out and taught our investigators. 

Then, I got up the next day and felt a little bit better, but I was still tired and I couldn't really eat. We had studies and I had to take a nap during language study, I couldn't think and felt really bad. Then we went to lunch with President Moffat because we reached the Standard of Excellence. We went to Cheesecake Factory! I ordered fish tacos but could only take one bite. I put the rest in a box and then ordered some ice cream, which I could only take one bite of. I put that in a cup and took it home. I really wanted to eat but I just couldn't. Sister Moffat told me to go home and take a nap, so I slept from 12:30 to 4! Didn't mean to sleep that long but I really needed the nap. 

So we didn't leave the apartment until after 6, and we went to the church to set up for the baptism for the Perez Family. With me being sick, it was really hard to be as energetic and smiley as I usually am but I did my best to think about the Perez Family. I sang "Yo se que vive mi senor". I love singing, it makes me happy :)
They were confirmed in Sunday! So they are now members of the ward! My first family of 4!!! Now I am going to pray to find a family of 5! And just keep working my way up....

I went on exchanges with Sister Sosa yesterday in a shady (scary) part of Midvale with the scariest apartments that I have ever been to. Only Elders have been in this area but President moved Sister Merrill and Sosa there. We met the cutest old lady, who was like a little kid. We talked to a lot of people and met a lot of weird people. A lot of guys flirted with us yesterday, and it just makes us laugh. A guy asked us to go to a party with him and to read the Book of Mormon with him. It was really funny.

So this week was ok, it still went by pretty fast. This transfer just flew by, transfers are next wednesday! I could stay with Sister Gonzalez or move or stay or who knows! I will let you know next Tuesday. 

Nothing else has really happened this week, it has just been a really emotional week for me. But I am alive! I am ok, and I miss you all a lot and love you. I got letters from Sammie and Ronnie and then I got a letter from Aunt Steph! I also got the box this morning when I came back from exchanges. Thank you so much and thanks to the Stevenson's for bring it to me again! You guys are awesome!! I am so excited to read the letters from everyone :)

I hope you have a great week this week, Lindsey sounds like a sweetheart, I can't wait to meet her! I can't believe that Jenna is going to HAWAII! I am so jealous! I hope you hada  good Father's Day, Dad! I love you :) Enjoy being home alone for a week, go to the temple every day!! Do it for me, I miss the temple so much!

Love you all! SLY!!!!
Hermana Warren

No comments:

Post a Comment