The Work has just gotten sweeter!

The Work has just gotten sweeter!
Espirito Santo, Brasil

Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Happy Anniversary to me!! 1 year out!

Hola Familia!

Can you believe it? I have been on my mission for an entire year!!!!!! WHATT? This year has been the best and craziest year of my life. Nothing compares to worrying about and doing everything for OTHER people and helping them receive salvation. IT is the best! I hope ALL of my sisters go on missions, you grow so much and learn so much about the Gospel. Don't deny yourself the opportunity to dedicate EVERYTHING to the Lord for a year and a half, and to possible learn a new language. It is an amazing experience, you learn things and do things that you won't be able to do anywhere else. What other time in your life will you be able to talk about the gospel FREELY? People EXPECT you to talk about the Gospel when they see you walking towards them on the street hehe...and sometimes they run away :) 

Thanks for all of the pictures. It is so weird to think that you were all so close...and yet so far! I love temple square. We are going to the Salt Lake Temple next wednesday!!! I am so excited. I have never been through the SL Temple before and I can't wait to go through. If you have any names to go through, you can send some to me :)

I hope you all get better! I am feeling good. The weather was so cold last week! I forgot my Hot Hands one day and my hands were going to FALL OFF! They hurt so bad. I have to take hot hands every day because my hands can't stay warm, even with my thick gloves. I don't think I am meant to live in cold areas, my hands and feet can't take it. But members help us so much and I am so grateful. I have my coat and the weather is actually warming up this week! The snow is melting and it feels wonderful! I am PRAYING that this winter won't be that bad. I just need to get through these 2 months.......and then it will get warmer and warmer and warmer! I love when it is HOT outside! Even on a bike :)

This week was a great one! We were super busy with people who we are teaching. I hate when we have nothing to do. When I first came into the area, we had NOTHING and the days felt long. I am determined to never have that happen again, I am always looking for more people to teach and baptize. 

WE are teaching a lot of couples. Irene and Hernan, Mirna and Felipe, Angel and Claudia, and then Diana and Kayla, she is 13 and reminds me alot of Sammie. BTW, did you get my package I sent? I want to make sure that it gets to you!

We are planning for a wedding on the 17th, next week is going to be CRAZY!!! I should just be a wedding planner when I get home, I have already planned 3 of them! Then we will have one more on the 31st. IT is fun to do and to decorate....but it is very stressful.

I love the new year! The time to set goals and make plans, that is something that I have learned on my mission. "Set goals and make plans for......" It is great that we have goals, but how are we going to reach it if we don't have a plan? IF you have't set goals yet, read in Preach My Gospel, chapter 8, in setting goals. It really helps! I was setting some goals and realized that I need to set some goals for my mission and for AFTER my mission! That really threw me off.

I bought some more wool socks at Costco today. A member took us, it was so weird because the Costco here in JUST like the one at home......it was like a wave came over me and I was suddenly back in Richland again! SUPER WEIRD!!
We are having some "sister"drama here in among the spanish sisters. I thought that I would get away from that stuff when I came on my mission but I guess you can never avoid it. It's ok though, I don't let it bother me :)

I am trying to think if there is anything else from this week........just keep praying for missionary opportunities! I know that there is someone who you can bring to the Gospel this year. MAybe before I come home from my mission? That would be awesome! 

I hope that Pongo is ok from his surgery, give him a big kiss for me!!!!!

I love you all! I will try to get a good picture of me and Sister Romero this next week. I don't look good today so we can take one when I look better :)   

Training is going good :) We have transfers again in 2 weeks! 

I love you all!!!! BE MISSIONARIES!  :)
SLY!
Hermana Warren

No comments:

Post a Comment