The Work has just gotten sweeter!

The Work has just gotten sweeter!
Espirito Santo, Brasil

Tuesday, February 25, 2014

My first week in the mission field!

<-------  Here is Alex's Mailing Address She would love letters!!!



Hola Familia y Amigos!!!

?Como estan? I miss all of you SO much.....these last two weeks have been the LONGEST and FASTEST weeks of my entire life! The last week in the CCM went by so fast. Saying goodbye to everyone there was so hard. I am so surprised at how much you can come to love someone in just 6 weeks....it is absolutely amazing. I said goodbye to Hermana Childs at 3am on Monday morning...hardest goodbye for me other than saying goodbye to all of you in the airport. I love her so much.

I woke up at 2am on Tuesday and was on the plane at 6. A Bishop from a local ward in Mexico sat by me in the airport and talked with me.....he was a blessing from Heavenly Father.

Seeing Steph and Nicole, Matthew and Sam  in Dallas was the best. I am so glad they did that, I don't know what I would have done if they weren't there. THANK YOU GUYS FOR COMING!!!!!!

My Trainer Hermana Merrill
So I got to Utah and stayed with a sister who's companion went home that same day. The next day I met my trainer....Hermana Merrill, she is from Houston. She is so wonderful. She is so obedient and her Espanol is amazing. She has only been out for about 8 months and she is fluent.....the Gift of Tongues is real, everyone! We live in a tiny apartment and two English sisters live across the hall, Sister Porter and Sister Poleo ( She is from Tonga). They are all great and Hermana Merrill helps me so much.

On my first day, we visited a family who have gone to church two times but have never met with missionaries. So we visited them and gave them the first lesson......Hermana Merrill asked me to invite them to be baptized. So I asked them.....and guess what? THEY ACCEPTED!!!! They are all getting baptized on March 29th....that is when their son turns 8. I was super happy....and it was only my first day! So, including that family of 3, we have 4 other people on date to be baptized. Laura and Pedro on March 1, Jaquline y Ernesto on March 8, and now Edwin, Janderry, and Peter on March 29!  Our area is awesome. I am in the Murray Area and we cover one Spanish ward but it is huge. The members of the ward are so nice. Whenever you greet someone or say goodbye, you always do the hug/kiss on the cheek thing. I love it because you just connect with them and start to love them. I am beginning to love my investigators and the members....the language gets in the way sometimes but I try to show my love by being super grateful and happy.

So this week, I have had some hard mornings. I get homesick and stuff sometimes. Saturday was really bad. During personal study, I just went into the bathroom and just cried. I knelt down and started praying for help......I really felt like I couldn't do it anymore, this was harder than I thought it was gonna be, this wasn't like the CCM, I was really tired....these were thoughts that were going through my head. I prayed for a little bit and cried...it felt good to cry it out...I had been holding it in all week. I felt better after that though......I haven't felt too bad since then. Every morning, when I wake and feel SUPER tired and want to go back to bed, I always pray that God will help me to not think about myself, but about others....especially my investigators and how I can help them. I do that during personal study and Comp. Study and all day when I ride my bike EVERYWHERE!!!! (I will talk about that in a sec.) When I think about my investigators and finding those people, I feel so much better and the day goes by so much faster.

I love teaching.....my Spanish is not amazing and I struggle sometimes speaking it, but sometimes I do amaze myself when I can say a whole sentence or part of the lesson without messing up or having to think about how to say it in Spanish. I have a REALLY hard time understanding people though, it is super hard for me but I pray everyday for the gift of Interpretation of Tongues.....I really need that one :) I use my Spanish all day though. I gave a talk in Church on Sunday...it was super short but I wrote it by myself and everyone in the ward was so impressed at how well I speak it......they don't realize that I can't understand them though. It gets frustrating sometimes but Hermana Merrill helps me a lot.

Ok, so I asked Pres. Moffat about the wedding......he is a very rule-driven President so I am not allowed to go to the wedding because in the handbook, it discourages seeing family while on the mission. So, I am sad, but I'll be blessed for being obedient. Those days will be hard for me knowing you are all so close but Mother's day will be just around the corner so I will see (Skype) you all then.

So, about the bike, I am gonna buy a new bike next Tuesday, and I will take it home with me when I am done with my mission. I need you to make sure I have at least $550 in my account. We use our bikes everyday all day so I am gonna buy a really good one that will last me a year and a half...and hopefully longer. I also need some more skirts.......ones that are longer and work well with biking.....mine are all wearing out or can't work with a bike. Also, in the next package, if you could send me a photo album and thumb drive for my pictures, that would be SWEET!!!!

I am so glad that everyone is doing well..... Dad, I can't believe that lady you gave the BOM to is getting baptized, that's so awesome! I was so happy when I read that. I wish I could see the girls play basketball, or see Jenna in  the courtroom. I am so proud of all my sisters :) I miss you and love you all so much but I truly love being here.......missionary work is amazing.

Thank you for the Greenie package......I LOVED IT! I saved it for Friday night.....as a reward for working hard :)

I miss you all and love you :) I pray for you every night. I am sorry to everyone that I didn't reply to all your questions this week.......we only get an hour and I had to write about the last 2 weeks instead of just one.

Write me letters and emails.....I love hearing from everyone. Share the Gospel with your friends and give referrals to the missionaries. Referrals are AMAZING!!

Have a great week and I will email next Tuesday.....I guess Tuesday was always meant to be my day, huh?:) LOVE YOU!!

SLY!
Hermana Warren

No comments:

Post a Comment