The Work has just gotten sweeter!

The Work has just gotten sweeter!
Espirito Santo, Brasil

Tuesday, July 15, 2014

The weather is HOT and so is the work!!

HOLA!

How is everyone? Thanks for all of the pictures and the video of Alyssa!! 

This week went by SUPER fast, we are busy every day and we are biking in the heat! Man, it is so hot and I am sweaty all day and I come home so tired and worn out, but I am happy and don't worry, we drink lots of water and I should probably start recycling all the water bottles I get from people. 
We have been having a hard time getting members to help us...we found out that they don't like how they sign up for an hour and then sometimes, we ask them to stay out a little bit longer and they are too scared to tell us "no" so they stay out and then go home mad that they stayed out longer than they wanted to. We had no idea that they felt that way and someone FINALLY told us why no one signs up, so now we can try to fix the problem. That is something that I have learned on the mission. If you have a problem with something, don't hold it in. Spit it out and fix it! Then everyone is happier and things get resolved and there are no hard feelings. Sometimes it is hard to say things but when you say it with the Spirit, everything goes well(usually) and relationships are better. I am trying to do that with Sister Gonzalez. There are a couple of things that I have to mention or talk about with her, but it helps when no one is wondering why things feel off and then we can't teach with the Spirit. I am trying to serve her and have fun with her, I just try to look at it each day at a time. TODAY, I will serve and be happy. TODAY, I will talk with everyone. Sometimes, I get overwhelmed when I see the whole week or whole transfer or whole mission. One day at a time!

I wish I could have been there for Alyssa's talk, isn't she amazing? :) I am so blessed to have such an amazing friend. Just from this experience, I know that the most valuable things are worth waiting for. I had to wait about 4 years to find Alyssa...it was hard, but it was worth it. Visit Sister Powell a lot! There whole family is so fun and Maddy and Kade and Braeden would have a lot of fun hanging out with Shonna and Ronnie. 

I can't believe that Kim is getting married! And also that you are singing those songs! I love those songs so much. I remember singing " I see the light" with Travis while Harrison played the ukulele. I loved it and that song always reminds me of Val-o-grams and choir.
 
Thanks for the visual idea about the chain and the temple! I will definitely use it! And I just love reading your emails, MOM and Dad are so PRO at writing, everything you say I want to right down and remember. Thanks for all of your support.

So this week, we have been looking for more people to teach. I have a hard time remembering what happened a week ago because all the days just seem to melt together. I just remember that each day is hot, we talk to people, we teach people and....yep. 

WE had a rollarcoaster week with our companionship. Last wednesday was really hard, I don't know why. There is just something lacking, I don't know what it is though. Last thursday, when it was language study, we actually had a Comp. vent session where we talked about everything that we were feeling. We left the apartment feeling off still and while we were biking, Sister Gonzalez stopped, got off her bike, turned around and just started crying and saying sorry, she didn't want to feel far away from me. So we were both standing by our bikes, on the street, talking and crying. It was really weird, but really needed. We have been doing a lot better, we still have some things that we clash on, she had a really strict trainer so there are some rules that we clash on. Some of the rules that her trainer taught her are not offical rules of the mission so I never know for sure if everything she tells me is a rule from president Moffat, or one she got from her trainer. 

We have found more families to teach! I swear that families are just attracted to me! Families are so fun but super hard to teach, everyone has their own need and schedule but in the end, it is worth it. One family is super golden but the dad is super catholic and won't let us teach them :( Then next one is the Garcia family and we just put the mom, dad, and 10 year old son on date last night. We are going to try to hold on to them as hard and we can. I hate losing people..it is the worst feeling. Hopefully the ward will help us by fellowshipping and welcoming them into the ward. Our WML is awesome, he was recently called and he is really excited to help us and help our investigators. We have a lot of fun activities coming up that will get the ward excited about missionary work.

We gave talks in church this Sunday....AGAIN! This is my 4th talk that I have given. I talked about how if we understand the Atonement of Jesus Christ, our desire to share the Gospel will increase, this is a promised found in Preach My Gospel. I talked about the Atonement and how we NEED it. That is all I had time for because that day, an boy in our ward was giving his Farewell talk too! He is serving in Texas, Spanish speaking. 

I received some really cool personal revelation this morning. As a mission, we read Jacob 4 today and there are some verses that talk about the power the prophets have, and then after that in verse 7, it says, "Nevertheless, the Lord God showeth us our weakness that we may know that it is by his grace, and his great condescensions unto the children of men, that we have power to do these things."

Then I remembered the scripture on my plague, that says,"And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them."

We came up with a cycle called the Perfection Cycle. Imagine this...

As we gain more spiritual power, God shows us more of our weaknesses. As we are humble, God turns them into strengths. As we are humble with our strengths, God blesses us with more spiritual power. As we receive more power, God shows us more and more us our weaknesses which then turn into more strengths and....the cycle goes on and on and on. As we go through this cycle, we become more and more perfected. The key is humility, though. If we aren't humble, this cycle won't work. But as we humble ourselves, we will be refined and eventually become perfect! Pretty cool, huh? I love personal revelation.

Anyway, this is pretty much it. I am trying to get lost in the work. I will apply all the advice you gave me! I love you and miss you all! Just one day at a time and soon, I will give you all hugs:) Love you and miss you!

Sorry, no pictures this week. We have been busy and nothing exciting to take picture of. I will definitely take more next week. LOVE YOU!
 SLY!
Hermana Alex Warren

No comments:

Post a Comment